HI all. I’ve been at the doc this morning and he said that I have ruptures of the peroneal tendons. At first I thought that I had a complete tear of the tendon, but, luckily, my doc found out that it is not the case. Thank God. Anyway, I’m wondering if anybody here had similar problems and which treatments you had for it. I mean, my doc told me that the rest is enough, but I would like to know if there is something more I can do… Thanks.

Well, initial care of peroneal tendon ruptures include all the same care advised for tendonitis which are rest, ice and anti-inflammatory medications. Only in some severe cases this is not enough and surgical repair is required. Anyway, the longer the injury takes to heal, the greater the suspicion of a tendon rupture and possible need for surgery. But, even if you get to that stage, do not worry because the procedure is quite safe and with easy and rather short recovery period following it.