I have a small, hard, painless lump that is on the external labia. It appears to be beneath the skin. It's not something you can "see". You can only feel it is you go looking. It hasn't grown in a few months nor disappeared either. It's not painful.

What could this be? Should I be concerned about it?

Rachel

I have the exact same thing. I noticed it a few days ago. It's on my right inner labia majora. When you open the labia majora lips that is where it is. It was sore a few days ago and bigger, but it's seem to have gone down. You have to remember that there are lot's of glsnds down there. It could be an infected glad or pimple or cyst. I am sure it's nothing to worry about.

i have had a lump in my right labia majora for more than a year. I haven't asked a doctor about it because its hard to find...do you think i should see a doctor?

i just noticed one today, its wierd and i got a little nervous because in health class we learned about like little cancerous bumps and stuff so i like googled a bunch of stuff and theres one thing called vulvar cancer but other sites said its mostly just cysts

Everyone should ask their gyn at their next check up. It is probably a cyst, but better safe than sorry. If any visual changes appear or there is an onset of pain, please make an appointment with your physician.

I had this problem also of a small lump under the skin of the labia majora. I was really worried thinking I had cancer of the vulva- yes I am highly anxious!! I went to the doctor straight away, and it was a Sebacous Cyst. This is where the hair follicle becomes blocked, and produces a benign cyst. You should still see your doctor, though, because they put me on anibiotics as they can become worse without treatment. You need to stop the infection as they can keep becoming infected even if they heal by themselves.

Goodluck.

I have a lump on my labia majora under the skin. It's a little painful. It came up last night. I went straight to the doctor. It's called a Sebaceous Cyst. This is an infection that occurs when the gland in the hair follice becomes blocked and is not able to drain properly. I was put on antibiotics. I would highly recommend going to talk to a doctor, as it is an infection and needs to be treated, otherwise it could get worse, or re occur.

Goodluck.

I have a similar problem... a small, painless lump under the skin of my outer labia (sort of next to the clitoris). It's been there for a while, and I was a bit worried about and went to see my GP... she seemed to think it was nothing and didn't really give me any explanation as to what it could be. It's still there, and I think it's starting to get a tiny bit sore. Should I go and see another doctor for a second opinion, and would it be better to go to a gynaecologist? Anyone had this problem and got an actual answer?

I have a similar problem. Mine is pretty big though. Its about golf ball size and my doctor said it could be a lymph node and to take my diabetes meds and it should go down most of the way but probably not all the way. I still have it and it hasn't gone down any. I'm hoping that they can do an ultrasound or something to say exactly what it is.

hI,

You should go visit an OBGYN and have that checked out.. I have a similar problem and have had it checked out on several occassions. .... I was told that it was labial cyst also known as a bartholon ( not sure if spelled correctly) cyst. Some may be treated by antibiotics whereas others need to have them lanced or even surgically removed. The sooner you have it handled, the better off you'll be....

Good luck with everything!

My understanding is that a bartholin cyst is located directly next to the vaginal opening, which is where the bartholin glands are, on either side, their purpose being to aid in lubrication. This is different from a lump or cyst in the mabia majora near the clitoris. Most likely, and especially since it was painful, this was a sebacious cyst which got infected. But you should see your doctor just in case.

rachel2371 wrote:

I as well have a small, hard, painless lump that is on the external labia. It appears to be beneath the skin. It is something you can see, like a hard little white bump. It's not painful.

It came up after having sex with a new partner a few days later. So I was quite "Freakin OUT!!" so I went to my Doctor. She said it didn't look like a Wart or anything. She told me not to irritate it and if it was still there after a month come back to see her. Well it has been a little over a month and it's still there.

I have tried picking at it. By poping it. Some white slightly hard ball came out a bit.

I am wondering what it may be?
I am going into my Doctor for a second look.

Rachel

It came up after having sex with a new partner a few days later. So I was quite "Freakin OUT!!" so I went to my Doctor. Although I had also just been waxed earlier that week as well (Brazillian) She said it didn't look like a Wart or anything. She told me not to irritate it and if it was still there after a month come back to see her. Well it has been a little over a month and it's still there.

I am wondering what it may be?
I thought it may have been a cyst from what I have read.

i had the same problem. i had a large hard lump on the mid part of my labia majora underneath my skin, and freaked out too. but a few days ago i googled up a few things. since its underneath the skin, the descriptions matched perfectly. u can get rid of them by soaking in warm-hot water for 3-5 days, or take a clean wet rag, heat it up, and apply it to the area. u should notice the swelling going down almost instantly and it wont b as hard, the lump will soften. its best to do both about two or more times a day, hope this helps...

I have this same problem. It started about ten years ago with a small bump and over the last three years this bump has grown and now there are 2 small other ones. It feels like a BB under my skin. I went to a clinic and she said I would have to see a dermatologist or a family physician. Could it be cancerous at 31? And can a cyst last that long?