I have a painful and hard lump on my vulva under my skin. It is not open and it does not have a head to it. Yet, it is hard and painful. I do masterbate a lot but this has never happened before. I am not sexually active with anyone at this time. Could this still be a STD?

it could be a boil, infected hair... have you ever had a hpv test done? a patient of mine had a boil like place on her labia and she found out after 20 yrs of not having sex that she had hpv and cancer of the vulva. she is fine now had it treated. get checked out.

This sort of thing has happened to me more than once. After a few days of redness and itching, a hard lump appears. The lump can usually be felt very clearly by taking the labia between two fingers. Once a lighter area appears on the lump (sometimes a very obvious white head), by simply applying pressure while in the shower or bath (like you would do to a pimple), you will usually be able to drain it. White or yellow colored pus will come out. Applying neosporin or some other anti-bacterial balm after drainage (available at any pharmacy), will speed up healing and lessen discomfort.

Sometimes the boil is buried deep in the skin. If you apply pressure, you may feel something pop but nothing will come out. This is followed by an even larger boil given that the infection has spread over a larger area underneath the skin. So there is really no use applying too much pressure as it may worsen the condition.

I have also experienced the appearance of multiple boils on my labia. Normally they are spread out in random locations and not concentrated in one area (which you would expect from a herpes outbreak). The best is to use cotton underwear, take hot baths and be patient.

Although there does not seem to be a particular cause for the appearance of boils, I have noticed they appear to be associated with repeated rubbing (during sex/masturbation). I suggest, washing hands and area before and after engaging in this type of activities.

This condition is not an STD, but if in doubt it is best to see a doctor.

I have had this problem and what I have found is that when I eat dairy I get them and when I don't...I don't.
I know diet changes can be challenging, but it seriously worked and I had lots of them.
I am also now vegetarian.

When I did get them I would always clean really well with soap and water after they drained and then rinse the area with colloidal silver to disinfect. This is because boils contain staph and the fluids will spread the bacteria and make new ones appear.

Hope this is helpful.

To the person that wrote under thishappens newbie did you ever get a diagnosis from a doctor. This has happened to me twice and it sounds most similar to your situation. First I get burning itchy irritation then a hard sore lump appears. I was wondering if I was allergic to my lube. I have also been having urethral irritation for about a year now it feels like I am biting on a piece of tin foil but down there in my urethra. All of these symptoms are off and on. I have not related them to anything in particular but maybe I should start keeping a journal. Please help me.

I have found a hard lump under the skin of my vulva. I is under the inner labia majora. It is invisible and irregular in shape. It becomes itchy and sore when i walk or sit for a long time. It doesnt really move. I am 18 years old and not sexually active. I am really worried - does it seem like it could be cancer??

If the bump is hard and deep it is either a boil or a cystic pimple. The main difference between a boil and a cyst is that boils are red and hurt and cysts apparently don't hurt.

Herpes, aren't hard, and look more like a blister. Also a herpes blister burns more then aches, and eventually it breaks and heals.

If you've had a cystic pimple on your face, you would know if you have a cystic pimple or boil in your vaginal area, verses herpes or an STD.

I just had a lump removed from my vulva that sounds a lot like what you have, SKing1. Not to worry you, but you should definitely go get it checked out. Mine is turing out to be more of an issue than originally thought. It's definitely a good idea to get it checked - even removed if it's that painful.

I have had a couple of these over the course of years. Just the other day I got a really bad one yesterday it was so bad and painful! I soaked up cotton balls with peroxide and placed them on it for about 20 minutes. It really burned and I could feel the peroxide getting in there. It turned white which means the peroxide was inside. I woke up this morning with a little blood and a little pus on my underwear and midday today it is pretty much gone! no more pain or swelling! yay!!!
PEROXIDE IS THE BEST!!! TRY IT!!! :-D

Hi. about three weeks ago i found a small lump just on the entrrance of the vagina, followed by a fungal infection to wich i have applied canastein. although the infection seems to be gone, the lump is still there and is quit sore. i have not yet gone to the dr as i keep thinking it will go away. i'm not quite sure if i should get worried. what coud it be? and is it common to have painful sores like that?
thanx

i have a lump on my labia too, i have had a hpv jab in school because i am only 13 years old. i have had 3 hpv's.

I am 19 years old and I have the same problem as SKing 1. I am not sexually active and I have a painful lump in the same area. It doesn't hurt when I walk or anything, just when I go to the bathroom. I have no clue what this is or means and I can't go to a doctor right now, can someone please help me?

I have a lump on the inside of my labia. It is dark in color, and sore to the touch. There is no opening, or head on it. There is no puss or blood coming out, no drainage at all. There also seems to be blood on the inside of my inner labia. I can't afford to go see a doctor, and i have no idea what this is, can anyone help me?

hello

I have an extremly large lump on my labia. I was wondering if it was a boil because i have had boils before in other places. but never got one on my labia. its hard. and there is some drainage but when i go to "pop" it. it hurts, and also had impared me from walking. would the hospital be able to treat this or should i let it run its course.

Same here! I think I've got a boil, because it's hard and hurts when I put pressure on it, I've had it for a couple of days now and it's painful and pretty big like the size of a pea or so..
But I think I'm just going to take loads of baths to see if it goes to a head a drains but if nothing happens and doesn't seem to go within a week, then I'm going to get it checked out by my doctor.