About four years ago I was told I had warts. So I had them removed by my OBGYN. About 6mths later I started to get pimple like bumps on the outer lip of my vigina that sometime gets swollan and puss filled. I have allways wear a pad becouse I stay wet but dont have a color discharge. How do I get rid of them?????????? I know they dont look like the warts so what else could it be?????????? Also IM a large size woman who has lots of straght marks. On them you can sqeish them and a thin piece of puss out of it. doesnt feel like puss but kind of . what could that be and is that normal...... thanks so much for your time and your help

Hi Manda! I am thinking that you might have genital herpes or a similar STD/STI! The first thing I would like you to be seen by a STD clinic! Because what I am thinking is when you had the genital warts removed, you could have also had another STD - which is common! And because it has been left untreated - ESPECIALLY untreated you will have flare ups from time to time! This DEFINITELY sounds like you have tissue in the boils! As if it was puss it would look like puss! Warts are filled with tissue! So Please get checked out ASAP! And they can tell you the treatment - antibiotics, immune booster pills, cortizone cream etc. Some STD's are curable when treated correctly! Don't be embarrassed as these clinics have seen it all OK? AND if you are sexually active right now, you HAVE to use a condom EVERY time! If you are STD/STI positive and pass this on to your partner, you can actually be charged with inflicting bodily harm!!!!!! I don't mean to scare you, but just to inform you about getting treated and to the bottom of this right away OK? Good luck and health, and please let me know how you make out!

You should see a docto to clear it up.

On a side note, why are the labia minora considered to be skin and NOT mucous membrane?

Mucus membranes are internal! Such as the vagina, the anus, the urethra and the nose and mouth!

Bambi27, are you saying that because the labia minora are external genitalia, and NOT internal, that that is the reason why they are considered to be skin and not mucous membranes?

You can get pimples anywhere. You genital area is just a sensitive skin area.

zaranz, can you get pimples on your labia minora? why are the labia minora considered to be skin and not mucous membranes?

zaranz, can you get pimples on your labia minora? also, why are the labia minors considered to be skin and NOT mucous membranes?

Hi Sandi! You can get pimples, warts etc, any STD on your Labia because it is considered part of your genitalia! It IS skin! Your mucous membranes ARE skin too, but with a mucous lining, they are internal - thus being able to be moist - such as your vagina, your urethra, your anus, your under eyelid, your inner nose, you mouth! It is the lining of the skin that is called the mucous membrane! Actually genital warts, pimples etc, are usually found on the Labia and the opening of the vagina! Same with herpes and any other STD/STI, they show up 1st on the genitalia - or the outside of the mouth! As the mucous membrane has some sort of a defence mechanism - due to the fact that it has mucous on them and the bacteria has to fight through the mucous!

bambi27, if so, then why are the labia NOT mucous membranes? Because they're internal?

bambi27, you mean that because the labia minora aren't internal, they're not mucous membranes? And they get warts there too?

bambi27, do the labia minora resemble the skin of the lips? Do they also have epidermis and dermis?

Yes to all! It is fragile skin - just like the facial lips - thus the term "Vaginal Lips" They are just like the sacs of the scrotum! When a fetus is developing the sexually anatomy is the same for several weeks! In fact, when an ultrasound says it's a girl they CAN be wrong and it could actually be a boy! Due to the vaginal area!! Actually I had a friend that this happened too, the good thing was they had another ultrasound before the baby was born and found out that their "girl" was a boy! And sometimes - VERY rarely - there is a sort of mix up, where baby is born with either female or male genitalia but is actually the opposite! Then the parents have to make up their minds of how they are going to raise their child - as a male or a female! BUT as I stated this is VERY rare!!!

So the Labia and ALL external Genitalia is SKIN! Only the interior - the vagina - is considered Mucous membrane!

They are still outside the vaginal cavity! Here is a description of what a science article says! I didn't want to copy the picture as it's an eye opener!

Anatomy and medical
The labia majora are lip-like structures comprised mostly of skin and adipose tissue, which extend on either side of the vulva to form the cleft of venus through the middle. After puberty, it is typically covered with pubic hair, which some individuals choose to remove by shaving, waxing, or laser methods. When standing or with the legs together, they usually entirely or partially cover the other parts of the vulva. Protection is the main function.

The labia minora (obsolete: nymphae) are two soft folds of skin between the labia majora and to either side of the opening of the vagina. The clitoris is anterior to the vulva where the labia minora meet superiorly. The visible tip of the clitoris, the clitoral glans, is entirely or partially covered by a "hood" of tissue (the clitoral hood).

The coloration, size and general appearance of the labia can vary extensively from woman to woman.[1] In some women the labia minora are almost non-existent, and in others they can be fleshy and protuberant. Usually, but not always, they are symmetrical. Some differences are purely personal, while others may be genetically linked; a striking example of the latter is the elongated labia minora of the Khoisan peoples, whose "khoikhoi aprons" can hang down up to four inches past their labia majora when they are standing.

During sexual arousal, the labia minora become engorged with blood, typically swelling slightly and darkening or reddening in color.

Labiaplasty is a controversial plastic surgery procedure that involves the creation or reshaping of the labia.

thank you for your post.. but i do know its not herpes becouse i have been tested 3 months ago and it was neg.. My husband has also been tested for all as well and all is neg.. but I have an appt with doctor tomorrow.... I fill you in on what he says it is and again thank you for the post