I have a rash, which actually started on the underside of my wrist as little pimply dots. They would itch, but mainly worse at night .. over the past week, they have spread over the & side of my hand also. They itch at times, but sometiems just burn.

I have beening putting lanacane on it for about 2 weeks, but it doesnt' seem to be getting any better .. & the skin around it seems to be getting dryer. I do work in a lot of water about 3 days a week & somes eve vinegar water. I try to always keep on my gloves, but on ocassion, I find myself doing some in water with the gloves.

They look almost like little red pimples.

Is this rash the only discomfort you are experiencing? No fever, problems with breathing,
vomiting and stuff like that?

If you have developed this rash just on your wrists and hands I suppose you had come in contact with an allergen or something. Is this the first time you have experienced this?
Is there anything but water that you are constantly in contact with?

I once had similar problem. It started as two red bumps on my arm one morning. I thought these were bites. The following day, I got some more on my other arm. I washed all my sheets, blankets but then more bumps developed on my legs and a couple of on my stomach. Then they disappeared. During these days I did a little research on rashes, and found out they can last for weeks.

Have you been through those viral rashes when you were a child? Roseola, chicken pox….?

it could be a ringworm... its a kind of rash, i've had it before it could take up to a month or a month and a half to go away. go to the doctor and he'll precribe a medicine... ringowrms come bacteria in dirty water

I am sorry to impose on your thread without a solution, but I have the EXACT same thing, started about two days ago. It only slightly itches, looks pimply, but there is this like freezing(burning) thing to it, almost a tingling or a bone pain.. (It could also be exagerated from my paranoid delusions) HOWEVER... I do feel yucky, like headache, sorethroat (BAD) and a lil bit of an earache, wondering if you share any of these symptoms.. OH and a cough..
Or do you smoke, have you started taking anything new, eating, and so on??

My eleven year old son developed a similar rash. He woke up Thursday morning and mentioned that his finder was swollen and tight. I did not notice any bites, so I applied some cream that I had in the house. The next morning his finger was broken out in very tiny bumps all over. It has not spread to any other part of his hand. I called the docotr's office and I was told to buy hydrocortisone 1%. Nothing happened. I am now trying to schedule him a doctor's appt. I was wondering does anyone have the same thing.He's Not sick at all. Help. %-)

He might have "dyshidrosis", an non contagious, very itchy, skin disorder that seems to affect the hands and feet.

I've had really minor attacks of it my whole life, but they've always gone away on there own, until now! Anyway, I found this post while searching for what I seem to have and though you might be interested.

A great place to start is:

http://www.geocities.com/vyera/dyshidrosis/main.html

My symptoms aren't even close to those of the pictures you'll find if you type in "dyshidrosis" in google, yet the itch is still driving me crazy!! I can't imagine what it must be like for those extremes in the pictures!

Since I just found out what I appear to have, I have not tried any remedies, so I can't comment on any.

-Zonn

sorry to jump in like this but 2 weeks ago i got the same bumps on the backs of my hands i have a constant headache with a cough and my ears hurt anyone know what it is for feel the same

I have a similar rash that always appears as tiny bump and I scratch them and the bust and there appears to be some liquid that comes out. I get them sometimes after I drink alcohol. Any ideas?

When I took him to the doctor. it was discovered that he actually had strep throat. He was not feeling uncomfortable in his throat. THe strep had actually passed to other areas including his face and his first finger. After taking the antibiotics prescribed the rash cleared up.

Thank you very much for the information about Eczema. I think i'm having that attack at the moment. In fact, I remember having the same thing every year around this season. I have this rash all over my right hand (back). However, i find it a bit weird that 1. It only happens to one hand. (always back of my right hand) 2. I do have a slight bone pain whenever it occurs. I'm more concerned about the bone pain. Anyone has that problem as well?

Two days ago I discovered a rash on the backs of BOTH of my hands. There are hundreds of TINY blister/pimple like bumps. No redness or itching or pain. We were in FLorida and I thought it might be sun poisoning. But now it has been two days and the rash is still there. Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

I started having some hand itch 3 weeks ago especially in the morning, it started in my right hand and now both itch. When i sleep and get up, they itch a lot and then it goes away. today, with the itch i feel some bone pain in the back of my right hands where i itch a lot. When I walk and i feel that the blood is going down my hands , i feel they are tight and they start itching a lot. I am worried. I saw my primary doc and she didnt have an answer. I am looking for another doctor again.. i did blood test for diabetes and blood cancer and they all came out good. Anyone experienced the same ??? Would like to hear from you .. Thanks

I have a similar problem. About 7 years ago while I was working in a deli, I started developing a itchy rash on my left hand (and only my left hand). I attributed it to me wearing a food service glove on that hand and only that hand since that was the one that I would pick up the meat with. But..... the rash kept reocurring over and over again and getting worse. The rash is exactly how you describe it above. I now have kind of narrowed it down to maybe having an allergic reaction to ascorbic acid (Vitamin C). The rash seems to ramp up when I eat a lot of tomatoes or citrus (yet I am not allergic to either of those). It mostly went away when I was pregnant last year, but is now back with a vengance. My dermatologist and allergist have no clue. I get the rash, still to this day, only on my left hand. It is on the back of my hand, the palm, on my fingers and some on the inside of my wrist. People look at it and think I have some sort of disease or something.

Sounds like scabies to me..better look that up..especially if the itching is spreading and is more prominent at night.

i have these small reddish bumps on the top of my hand and they are itching and burning. they burn more when water hits them. they form a circle on the top of my hand. What could this be, any ideas?