I am new to this site, but see some good questions and answers, so thought someone might give me some insight. I am 29 and my husband and I are trying to get pregnant for the first time. I had my IUD removed in the beguinning of September, and since then my periods have been off. Another factor is my father passed away suddenly in August, so I have been under stress. My periods when having my IUD were 24-26 days apart, and now it's more like 29-31 days apart. For the last 3 months I start off with some light pink discharge and I think my period has started, so I put in a tampon and take it out later and there is very little blood on it. So I use a pad since I fee like I'm going to start, and nothing comes out except when I wipe when going to the bathroom. This has been going on since Nov 28, and for the last 2 days it's been brownish discharge insted of pink. Still no blood on my pads, just when I wipe. I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative (I was supposed to start my period on the 2nd of Dec (that would have been 30 days) but when I had the spotting start on the 28th it had only been 26 days. Last month I had this discharge for 2 days, then started a very short medium flow period for 3 days, and then a little discharge for 2 days. I keep thinking my period will start, but I don't know what to think now that I have had this discharge for 7 days. Any thoughts would be very helpful.
Thanks

I suppose it will take some time for your periods to regulate. Some women take three months, some up to a year. You have less sexual hormones now than when being on the contraceptive, and your body needs time to get used to these lower levels.