Do any of you keep canivorous (insect-eating) plants (like sundews, Venus flytraps, pitchers, bladderworts, etc.) My 10-year old brother has this obsession with these plants and my mom's just getting into it as well. We currently have a terrarium containing 2 sundews, 1 Venus flytrap, 1 pitcher plant, and 1 butterwort and my brother's planning to order a few more pitchers. It's pretty cool to watch them eat. Yesterday I placed a little beetle in the jaws of the Venus flytrap and it closed almost immediately! The next day the trap opened and lol and behold, the beetle vanished! (obviously digested) The strange thing is that it's shadow was still there for a while.

Did you ever see Little Shop of Horrors? LOL! None currently, but I've always been intrigued by the venus fly trap and used to own own one when I was a little girl. I'll have to buy one for my daughter. Carniverous plants...it just seems so wrong, a bit freakish, no?

Every time we walk into Home Depot my son begs me to buy him one.

I have always been fascinated by these plants. They are amazing!

FEEED MEEEE!!!!!
What a classic!

Home Depot has 'em? <sheepishly admits never entering the plant section>
I'm on it!