i have had a bump on my upper lip line for about a month now. At fisrt i thaught it was a cold sore, it alsmost looks like the first stages of a cold sore. There is no tingling and never turned into a blister. A I fist applied abreva, after it never turned into a blister, i have been applying neosporin. I can not get an appointment with a dermetologist for a few weeks. It dosen't hurt but is very embaressing. Please help

What was the diagnosis. I have the same on my bottom lip.

i'd like to know what the diagnosis was as well since I also seem to have the same thing. Please let us know.

I have the same thing on my upper lip, and have had it for about 3 months now.

I thought it was a cold sore at first, but it never turned into one. Like the OP, abreva and neosporin/tetracycline to no effect.

For a while I figured it was a subdermal cyst, or something, that a dermatologist could lance and drain.

Well, I saw one, and he said it was a scar, probably from a past cold sore or zit. There was nothing he could do to remove it, that wouldn't leave an even bigger blemish. He said it will probably fade after a year or so until it's barely noticeable (from his personal experience), and not to worry about it.

For a year now I have started to get bumps above my upper lip (they don't tingle like cold sores) or react like pimples.....I've made the mistake that thinking popping them would help eliviate the pain....nope not at all. I've come to the conculsion that these "bumps/swellings" occur, are painful, I try not to touch and they eventually go away. next time I go to the doctor I will ask about it because while they don't swell and pus like cold sores or pimples they are extremely painful and noticable

I'be had the same problem for a couple of months and my mom noticed it. She said my aunt had the same thing and she used pine tar soap like a facial mask and it cleared up. I just ordered some from amazon and hopefully it works.

Did anyone find out what this thing is or what to do about it? I dont have health insurance .Some info would really help me out.

i have the same thing and im only 13 years old, girl. if anybody can actually solve something for this please tell me, also i wear chapstik and lip gloss but the hapstick i use is his pack from walmart with brands on them like resses, kisses, ec jolly ranches

Seems I have been dealing with something similar for 8 months now. Doctor couldnt help and I dont know what to do. Anyone had any success dealing with this or any more info. Thanks for any response

So I'm 15 and basically have the same thing. But I think mine is a reaction to the hair removal creme I used for my upper lip. Anyway it seems that one pops up as soon as one goes down , I don't touch it and then it goes down after a few days and the top of it forms a small scab on my lip. Which is also embarrassing, but they only grow along my lip line . I need help what do I do?

same with me, but its on my bottom lip

so I had one... did lots of research finally found an article of this woman who is actually in the medical field who had one... finally she figured out what it is... it is some type of fungal infection... she said to wash it with some form of isopropyl alcohol let it dry, then apply an over the counter antibiotic like neosporin or what I used the triple antibiotic that polysporin sells.

so I had one... did lots of research finally found an article of this woman who is actually in the medical field who had one... finally she figured out what it is... it is some type of fungal infection... she said to wash it with some form of isopropyl alcohol let it dry, then apply an over the counter antibiotic like neosporin or what I used the triple antibiotic that polysporin sells. Forgot to say, do this multiple times a day until its gone, should notice it start to get better after a couple days... rather than have it for months on end

Since having "bump" removed yesterday...I see that this is more common than I thought.
I went to the derm after buying over the counter treatments for 3 months for a bump on my lip and turns out that is was a non cancerous growth. Amen!! My dermatologist removed it with a laser machine burn" ...

What did it look like? do you usually get cold sores? what laser treatment did you have?