how do u pop a cherry ur self?
cuz by bf said it would be better if i did it myself instead of him doin it for me.
so how do i do that ?

you can't.

"popping the cherry" means breaking the hymen, or losing your virginity.

this can only be done with penetrative vaginal sex with a penis.

Popping yoru cherry is a phrase for having sex for your first time or breaking your hymen.

He probably meant for you to break your hymen, so it wouldn't hurt as bad for you the first time you guys decide to have sex.

There are a lot of things that can break your hymen - horseback riding, playing sports hard, masturbating, wearing a tampon.

If you want to get rid of it now, then you should masturbate.

good luck, remember to use protection

The hymen isn't the painful bit about loosing your virginity, the pain is because there is a large object inside of you! not the tearing of the hymen. the hymen has very little nerve endings in it, not many women even feel it break, they only know it has because they saw bleeding afterwards.

breaking a hymen with a tampon only occurs if you aren't inserting it properly. breaking it with sport isn't very common, it would have to be VERY vigourous. (i.e. gymnasics, doing the splits a lot or backflips etc) not just soccer or jogging! You can't break it masturbating, its a fold of skin, not a paper thin membrane!

Is is possible to break your hymen or " pop your cherry " by using a dildo?? I only ask because I did it tonight and afterwards there was a little bit of blood... I am kind of scared because I am a virgin and I wanted to save that for someone I cared for... Please let me know... %-)

It is possible to rupture your hymen with a dildo or any other object (i.e. penis, finger, tampon, pool cue, candlestick, wrench, lead pipe, or various other potential Clue murder weapons) which is inserted into your vagina. The hymen can also be torn through horseback riding or other vigorous physical activities. So if you bled there is a good possibility that you did tear your hymen. Regardless, you are still a virgin because the only way to lose your virginity is by having sex with a partner. The fact you wanted to save your hymen for a special partner is truely commendable, but I wouldn't worry as there is still a good possibility that it will tear further when you do lose your virginity, as sex is generally more intense and, for lack of a better term, rougher than masturbation. In addition, it may be comforting to you to know that not all women bleed when they lose their virginity anyway.

i think that it is good to pop your cherry before having sex
that way your first time doesn't include bleeding

Thanks.... I am kind of relieved... although in my eyes i am not a virgin anymore.. I think it is weird that i popped my own cherry but I guess that is just something I will have to deal with... :|

i would still consider you to be a virgin

i don't count it unless you have had vaginal or anal intercourse

my boyfriend fingered me and I bled a little bit ... he didn't scratch me since his nails are pretty short so I'm figuring he 'ruptured' or broke my hymen so it can't only be done by penetraton by a penis .......

every woman's hymen is different.

Some rare ones break with the slightest touch

some don't break after having sex for many years.

My point was that if this girl tries to break her own hymen, she may very well end up hurting herself. Not everyone is as fragile as you might have been.

um.. I masturabate and I always bleed. I dunno if that's normal or not, but I do kno that one time I got really brave and tried to pop my own cherry by putting pressure and pulling downward on my hymen and it did feel a lil pain and I did bleed, but I didn't know if I actually did it or not cause I'm still tight the way I was b4 and also since I bleed all the time when I masturabate.. I had no clue. Does anyone know how to do it or if I did it? oh, and should I bleed all the time when I masturbate?? Like a few days afterwards? I don't masturbate ROUGHLY.. well.. you know. I'm 19, too. Thanks.

i dont get this yanoo if someone pops your cherry is it a sign of loosing your V or does it get popped often?