I had sex a few weeks ago, but i didn't bleed afterward... I don't know if that classifies me as a virgin or not... I was expecting the pain, and the blood, but there were neither... I guess you could say that it wasn't all that pleasureful, it was rather boring... but my main concern... why didnt i bleed, did he not go far enough or something??

when using tampons you can 'pop the cherry' so maybe you already popped it?

If your hymen is already been broken or you are fortunate enough to have been born without one, you shouldn't bleed.

dont feel weird or anything, not all of us bleed after our first time , i didnt.
and if you already had sexual intercourse (his penis was inside your vagina) then you're not a virgin, it doesnt matter if there was blood or not.

can a tampon pop your cherry?

Hi m 21 and i lost my verginity a few days ago and i didnt bleed but i did have a whole mess of pain . Is that normal. is abdominal pain normal and i wake up with a watery mouth that i have to swllow evey minuite. please tell me whts goin on?

I'm in the same situation.

my older cousin told me that it would hurt in ur lower stomach area if the guy you were with was larger than average. she does have sexual experience so idk if that helps or not..

not sure but would love to know the answer

You won't necessarily bleed. You can break your hymen with a tampon, with a hand, or even with exercise. So don't worry. :-)

oh my gosh i just lost mine and it hurt like no other.
i know thats normal but
i didn't know it would be that bad!
holy.
wait till your married, then ur husband will go slow and it wont hurt so bad

A couple of answers here:

Yes, you can tear the hymen through the use of tampons.
The tearing of a hymen is crudely called "popping the cherry" due to the usual presence of bright red blood...

No, you need not bleed the first time you have sex, but it is very common, and so, usually expected.

You need not experience pain, but some do as a result of some of that tear or bleeding. But it is not severe.

And finally, if you have had penetration, it doesn't matter how far or how long... nor if you bleed. Technically, you are no longer a virgin...
but who's business is it anyway? So, don't worry about it. Just understand that loss of virginity technically means "Penetration". Period!

I agree with Kirk C, although I should clarify it. The concept of virginity varies from culture to culture and penetration is often used, but is it an accurate gauge? You can get an STD from oral sex or anal sex, but by the technical definition of virginity, you'd still be a virgin! But how can you get a sexually transmitted disease from a virgin, right? It's more important that you realize that it's not as important as it's made out to be, and to be careful in the choices you make. And also, please always play safe!

VERY good points, healthnfitnessguy.
Thanks for pointing that out! 8)

Kirk C wrote:

VERY good points, healthnfitnessguy.
Thanks for pointing that out! 8)

Thanks for the compliment! I always feel terrible when people post here about virginity so I try to make people feel a little better about it. :)