I had an abdominoplasty about 14 months ago and I have been miserable every hour of every day since then. As mentioned already by others in this blog...I am distended, feel like a balloon, my lower abd is sunken in while my upper abd feels like it is jutting out and my pants fall down as my waist is now bigger in circumference than my hips. I have had 2 cat scans and have JUST been diagnosed with rectus diastasis secondary to abdominoplasty. This requires an extensive surgical repair and will have to be done in Pittsburgh , Pa approx 2 hrs from my home as it is too complicated to be done here where I live. My original plastic surgeon had also poo-poo 'ed my complaints and recommended first endermology at 60$ a treatment and of course wanted it 5 days a week. Then, he recommended a 500 calorie a day diet and HCG injections at a cost of 500$ which he was giving me a 2000$ discount...according to him. I am really disgusted and want others to know of this complication BEFORE they underrgo this procedure...

I think I have the same condition. I am waiting for my primary care doctor to aprove a MRI. I had my abdominoplasty about 16 weeks ago, and at first I seemed to be healing fine. Two months ago my clothes began to fit tighter, and I thought I was "over doing it" with to much exercise, too much gardening, and just being on my feet too much as I noticed increased swelling. My surgeon says that my swelling is not due to fluid, but most likely stretched tissue that will require additional surgery to correct! Ten grand and four months later my stomach looks asymetrical and is constantly feeling stretched out and uncomfortably swollen (think 36 weeks pregnant). I have also gained 10 lbs post-op because I am so scared about what is going on in my abdomen that I have really toned down my workout routine! This is definitely not the tummy tuck result I had in mind; I feel so sad.