My abdominoplasty, about 7 weeks old, went well, I have a clean and healing cut, no pain, no redness, no fever. However, I have developed fluid in lower abdomen which has been drained once and continues to develop. It is pale yellow with very few traces of blood, I dont seem to have any infection, no pain. My doctor says I must wear a compression garment for at least 72 hours straight for the inner tissue to bind again. He says it is not long term and not harmful. I have a drain in my side right now and have been instructed to keep the opening try, wear a compression garment religiously and make sure that fluid keeps draining out and doesnt get "stuck" due to external pressure. Its not easy.

Do you think I am going towards long term complication? I think the surgery was superbl well done, but the seroma was totally unexpected.

Seroma is a common complication in abdominal surgery. Since your doctor said your seroma is not long term, I will have to take his words for it. Only time will tell.

Hi I also had a seroma after TT had drains in for over a month. I was still left with a big bulge on my right side under my chest. I was told to wait one year until it settles. After one year it did not go away, so went back to my surgeon and he had to operate again to remove it and was then left with a extended scar from the original scar. So scar was from

my pubic area right up to under my chest. Just a disaster. jill