I had a full abdominoplasty 2 years ago and my upper belly looks distended and my lower belly is too flat. It is not symetrical and I have a total curve standing sideways. One doctor said the surgeon pulled the muscles too tight like a balloon and to exercise. To no avail my upper belly never looked so big and need advice on what to do.

Did you ever work out this problem? The same thing just happened to me. Its too tight but my stomach is strangly larger. I also now have IBS.
Just wondering if it gets better. Thanks.

Shai

Is it possible to lose belly fat after a c-section because of the muscle and tissue being cut will it be able to get rid of with exercise.

Oh my goodness - I too have had a full abdominoplasty about 2 years ago and have started to notice that I have the same problem of distended upper abdominals (and here I was beating myself up over it). Can someone shed some light on this situation - why it develops and what to do about it. While I'm still very happy with my lower tummy, I do feel slightly off kilter and my pants, shorts, etc. don't seem to fit properly in the waist.

i had a full tummy tuck a year and a half ago. i noticed right away that my upper abs were bulgy and bumpy and uneven. is there anything that can be done about this even if it is surgical?

Sueluvs2Sing315 wrote:

same here what do I do?

I too had a abdominoplasty 7 years ago. It was great, I went back to work 1 wk later, and went down a size. I watched everything I ate and walked on the treadmill, and totall i lost about 1o lbs. The reason i had this surgery in the first place, i had a cyst on my c section scar. I had no complaint regarding the surgery weight lost.
Now 7 years later, you can't even tell. I had a full hysto (can;t spell it) 2 years ago. It stinks now, I have gained weight, they said excerise. Great, but I eat only 11oo calories, and cut out all pop- I still feel bad because I have gained weight,
Ideas suggestion please,,, I am losing my mind, I have 12 pr of jeans that i can not get into.
:-(

Geez
SAME HERE - and it's been about FOUR years since my tummy tuck.. Unfortunately I have gained some weight since then, but STILL - its not even like its (the upper abs) is flab - its more like...as someone else said...distended. Below the bellybutton tho is very flat, almost concave - I almost wish I could have my old stomach back - fat tho it was at least it was symmetrical - now I feel distorted.

DID ANYONE GET SOME FEEDBACK ON THIS??

I'm 11 weeks post abdominoplasty and have the upper belly bulge. Does anyone know why this happens and how it can be fixed?

I can't believe I have actually found people that have my same problem. I had my surgery 3 years ago. My belly seems to be extended as well. I don't remember any of this in the brochure! It seems like all the fat has just deposited in that area.

Sueluvs2Sing315 wrote:

SAME HERE! I am 3 years post full abdominoplasty and my upper belly looks distorted. I have consulted my plastic surgeon about this and all she said was to lose some weight. I know I have gained about 10 pounds since the surgery but I feel that it went to several parts of my body...NOT just my belly (as she seems to think). I am on a diet and am losing some weight but the 'belly bulge' remains. I wish I had never had this procedure done. It's a long story but I went through pure hell after the surgery. The next morning after my surgery I had to be opened up again to have some bleeding stopped. A few days later (on a week end) my surgeon came to my home to check on me and had to 'open my incision' due to necrosis of the tissue. Mind you...this was done in my bedroom (not a sterile environment) and I was left OPEN to heal from the inside out. It required months of trips to her office to have the dead tissue excised...and then two scar revision surgeries. NOW I have to deal with a distended upper belly. Is there any type of procedure to correct this? I am willing to try anything at this point. :cry:

Sueluvs2Sing315 wrote:

OMG... I have been beating myself up. I had a tummy tuck 1 1/2 years ago and I am having the same problem. I felt like a failure. I thought that the little bit of weight that I had gained had caused it. Before my tummy tuck I had saggy skin where I had two c-sections. Now that looks great, but I have a HUGE roll on my upper abs that seams way bigger that before. HELP. Is there anything we can do?

I have a bulge to...it looks funny. I thought since it has been only 6 weeks it would go down. It is also very hard at the top of my belly button. Now I am getting scared. Have a consultation on Oct 27th. I will see what he has to say. If he can't help I am going to another doctor.

I am just so happy, I found this forum. Now, I can relate with people that have the same problem that I have... big upper belly after tummy tuck.. plus I have IBS. Any advice from anybody that solved their problem already. I am also so disturb with my constant burping whenever I am upset or hungry. Thnx in advance.