Just had tonsillectomy on 5/30. I found this site is really informative. I have two questions. (1) Weight : Lost 5 pounds so far, is this normal? Does the weigh gain back quickly after you resume normal solid food? (2) How bad is it when the scab falls off? Can you please tell me your experience about it? Is there anything I can do to make it easier (such as drink a lot? or eat some solid food prior? or?) Thanks!!

I know this is a bit late, but I had a tonsillectomy on 8/6/08. I expected the worst. I woke up and thought "This is it?" The worst doesn't come until later. Day 4-6 of recovery were very painful. This is when my scabs came off. I believe that if i had kept drinking more liquids this process would have been much more bearable. I've lost about 7 pounds, I expect to gain it back. It's 8/14 today and i'm going to hang out with my friends. The experience hasn't been too bad at all. Just glad it's done and over with.