My good friend is 7 years post throat cancer, left side, received radiation treatment and has had subsequent 5 clear biopsies. Now has sore throat with constant pain level 2 unless gets to 10 with sinus or cold. He has gravel voice and frequently loses voice all together. Doctor hasn't been able to determine the reason. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I am 56 male 6 months post 33 radio there's. It burnt the carp on outside skin on neck skin broke in big sections and the inside pain gets 9 to 10. My doctor gave me hydramorphine to increase the dose until it worked.
The side effects from the high dose morphine every 4 hours meant I stopped increasing at 19ml every 4 hours. I was already on methadone so I was grateful to have oncologist and GP who didn't treat pain management as if it is the end of the world to get addicted. Of course I got addicted....as soon as pain began to subside after treatment I weaned myself off hydromorphine.
But still get so hoarse I can't speak and ear ache muscle and jaw pain and I'm tired and weak all the time.
But as nasty at times cruel the treatment felt I'm alive and biopsy showed the cancer is gone.
I'm more damaged than I ever imagined.and its easy to get down about pain and weakness.
Talk to Doctoor ask for help. You are a cancer survived....now it's about quality of life. Pete L