Hi, Im 24 year old male and Its been three months since I had a PPH surgery to fix some bad internal hemorrhoids. Im still having itchy-burning sensations all the time and especially after I use the bathroom and at night. I can feel there are some staples still lodged in the scar, but they dont seem to be poking out. Im really just wondering if this is normal, will it gradually subside or will I be dealing with chronic inflammation for the foreseeable future! Any input as to how long it takes for this kind of swelling to go down would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I havent been to see my surgeon since the surgery since I had to leave for a rather poor foreign country soon after. There is no one here qualified to give me advice on this.

Hi there, it osunds to me like the inflammation may be chronic if you are still swollen this far out! It should be something that you need some sort of consultation on. Is there any way you'd be able to talkt o your doctor back home about it since you are still experiencing swelling? Let me know okay?

Original Poster:

The swelling has gone down some. And I have an appointment at a local clinic with some American trained Dr.s this week. I also made an appointment for 3 months from now (the next time I will be in the US) with my surgeon. As of now, my surgeon back home wont talk to me. I can call and get his head nurse who will ask him my questions and he'll answer her and then talk to me the next day. I have no idea why hes being such a tool. Typical surgeon I guess.