Hi all..I am 6 weeks PPH post op and still have moderate anal pain and not quite normal bowels but no constipation....has ANYONE gone over 6 weeks recouping and does it improve????? I am frustrated, very much..thanks all

Evets57

I was considering this surgery but after reading all the problems and the pain people have been having i've decided against it and i'll go for the DG-HAL instead. So i'm sorry to hear you are having problems but what i've read so far most people seem to have problems up to 10 weeks. I hope this isn't the case for you though.

I am 3 weeks post PPH and I've had a horrible time with pain but its mostly left sided rectal pain. I started my menstrual cycle and when I inserted a tampon, it hurt really bad which the doctor never indicated would be a problem. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get back the same. I'm very frustrated as well!

Hi I am 6 days out from PPH surgery and the pain is awful. I just started to bleed rectally today. Not buckets of blood but enough to upset me. Is this normal? I am praying that the pain is eventually manageable. My hemorrhoids really weren't that bad and I am wondering if I made the biggest mistake of my life by gettting this surgery. I rushed into without really doing any research. I am really worried that I ruined my insides for life.

PPH worth it ?
No, No, No, don't do it.
I had the PPH done 7 years ago,
Surgery was ok, everything went well as expected.

The downside is the " consitapation" for life,
because the it was stapled,
the stool passage is only about the size of middle finger,
so you get consitapation all the time,
even if you exercise, eat a lot of vegetable.

I am considering to pay up to $10,000 just to enlarge my stool passage,
now you know how serious that is,

Hi how are you? How did you go with the DG HAL method?

Sorry I did not reply earlier.  I have not checked my email in forever.  I am thrilled with my PPH surgery!  No pain, NO constipation!  I feel fantastic.  YES it was a painful recovery I will not lie.  But the surgeon told me 3 weeks after the surgery that they removed numerous polyps and a mole.  Yes. that's right there was a mole in my rectum.  I feel like I avoided some possible future cancer.  Maybe not but in my mind it was worth it.  No more pads, hemi creams, sitz baths, etc.... I even lost weight.  I do continue to take psyllum husk mixed in water every morning to assure that I get enough fiber in my diet!

I had this done in March and am having a difficult time. I am female and do have a skin tag which I am going to see if Dr will remove this. It's from the surgery. I am experiencing a twisted feeling inside me , much pressure and pain inside like I cannot pass stool at all now. It hurts. Dr has me on Amitiza 24 mg 2 day. . It doesn't feel right inside at all. Can feel the stool but will not pass!!! What should I do? I've tried enemas, hate these to, glycerin suppositories,

Can they enlarge my "hole". I can't get anything to pass and this may be my problem along with this skin tag between vagina and butt....it's very bothersome and swells a lot. Too much. Can Dr remove this in the office even?? I'm so bad and not feeling,well and scared cause all this going on . All related to surgery. I see Dr on Tuesday the 11th.

Hi I hope you are doing well

i had the pph surgery 10 days ago, the pain is not to bad but now it seems like I have external hemmorrhoids that make me feel uncomfortable to sit or walk. I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow , but I have been very nervous and depress. I juha ave internal hemmoroids before the surger.  Now with these externals I can't walk or sit or stand too long. Anyone has these problem?