Users comments and reviews on article Hypnosis to Quit Smoking and Stop Addictions - Hypnosis as Addiction Treatment by Sandra Reichstetter, Ph.D

I have always wanted to try hypnosis to help me quit smoking. I was always unsure if it really worked. I don't know anyone who has gone that route, but I am definitely curious. I am coming up to that point in my life where I definitely want to quit smoking, but first I have to get off Methadone, then I can tackle the smoking.

I had my first hypnosis session four days ago and I stopped smoking immediately after. I've smoked for 25 years approximately 15-20 cigarettes a day and had made several previous attempts to quit using patches and lozenges without much success. this time round I've gone 'cold turkey' and somehow it has worked. It's not easy though - there are times that I feel like a cigarette but I don't have that urge and craving like I used to other times. I will continue to have another 2-3 sessions to enforce whatever is being suggested by the hypnotherapist and will see how I go. Doesn't hurt to try it - you really have nothing to lose and everything to gain. :-) Best of luck.

I was a smoker for the longest time and then I started this diet that has these amazing little meal bars and snack bars type of thing. After couple months from losing weight, I'm certain that I also lost my craving for smoking as well. I personally think there was something about the bars from Shaklee that helped me lose my craving for smoking. I'm pretty happy I started eating the Cinch Shaklee bars/

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I'm sorry but this sound like a complete SCAM. This is a site for nicotine addiction. We are here to help eachother and offer good honest advice Are you assuming that people on this board have no intelligence and that they would actually believe that if they eat these Bars that you make a commission out of, they will not only lose weight (how healthy...NOT) AND also lose their cravings for smoking??? OH PLEASE!

I tried hypnosis once...even as I lft the parking lot after I was seized by urges..I guess when the therapist asked us to think about 3 non-smoking activities...I couldnt think of ONE, so I was doomed...started to smoke again that weekend..

What finally worked for me, was Chantix and ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed...THAT, and the fact was, I was truly READY to quit...got to the point of taking $200/ month in prescription allergy meds, then across the street for another $50 of my 'poison'

Its been over 3 years now...sometimes I STILL get thoughts, and its not a PURE 3 years, Ive fallen of the horse so to speak , but hop RIGHT back on the next day....I just dont WANT to BE a smoker anymore...I Went thru TOO much pain quitting