Hi everyone, my name is jenny, i'm 22 years old. i was on birth control for 6 years and recently went off of it in january. in february i went on 2 different kinds of antidepressants. since then my periods have been relatively normal early/late within a 2 day margin. 2 weeks ago my fiance and i had sex using the pullout method around when my ovulation period should have been. i have been under a small amount of stress, and i have gained at least 15 pounds in the 2 months since i've moved. my period is 5 days late...no sign of blood, but i have been experiencing all the symptoms that i always get right before my period. the cramps, gas, bloating, and my face breaking out. i took a HPT yesterday (4 days late) and i came out negative. when i was on the pill, once my period was 3 weeks late...but i haven't been off the pill long enough to know my cycle. i don't have to pee often, my breasts aren't sore, i feel irritable, but i think thats just PMS...but i'm really really scared because my fiance 1)thinks i'm DEF not pregnant due to the HPT and 2) it is set in stone decision that we are never want kids. we're great people but parenting is not in our nature. i will be a horrible mother....do you think i'm pregnant? i can't believe i was so irresponsible....

Late periods can be caused by stress, change in diet/weight, and does not necessarily mean you are pregnant:) If you are late an a test is negative, there is a good chance that you are in fact NOT PREGNANT.(Can we get an amen)hahahaha...

On a side note, I have had an abortion before, I too NEVER want children. MISTAKES happen, don't beat yourself up or feel like you are a horrible person for having sex... I believe we are only human, and we are women, we are not perfect, and we do have sexual urges.

Thanks Carifairy, its not that i beat myself up over it really because we are engaged...i just hate the fact that we relied on the withdrawal method...

but yeah...i do this every month because thats how bad i don't want kids...but my period always came in a couple days before..i'll keep you updated though,..i'm going to take another test here in a couple days just to make sure...

Sounds like you are late due to stress or coming off the pill. Maybe you could look at more long term birth control measures?

I suffer from depression too, and I cannot use hormonal birth control pills, they make my depression much worse. I have an IUD, it is non hormonal and as effective as sterilization. IF you want something non hormonal, and WAYYY effective you should consider this. IT is making a HUGE comeback. At the PP close by my house women UNDER 18 are requesting it because of the effectiveness.