I am a 26 year old mother of three. I had my tubes tied after my last child. I was told that I could still get pregnant. My fiance and I have been having sex everyday since we have been together. I have all the pregnacy symptoms of nausea, backaches, fatigue, tenderness of the breast. I have gained weight and I look like I am pregnant. My fiance has also been having all day sickness and has thrown up just about everyday after eating. We have both been very emotional for past 2 weeks. My period is on time but only last for a couple of days. Could I still be pregnant? Please help me put both of our minds at ease. What do I need to do next?[/url]

Hi hon: Tubal ligations are just over 99% reliable up to 5 years after 5 years it actually rises upto about 98% reliable. I assume from your age that you are probably in the 99% range. So lets think about you and your fiance being VERY sexually active. So in laymans terms if you have sex 100 times there is 1 of those times that you could have actually become pregant! So I am not sure if you are or aren't. Your symptoms DEFINITELY suggest that you are. The BIG problem here is this, IF you are pregnant, you have a far greater risk of having an etopic pregnancy!!!! so you DEFINITELY need to get checked by a doctor ASAP. Now the nausea that is going on for both of you. IF you are both very worried about you being pregnant, this could have to do with your nausea! Worry can have a terrible affect on your stomachs. So I really want you to get checked by a doctor ASAP OK? And please let me know how you are doing? Good luck and health to BOTH of you!

Thanks for trying to help me out. I have actually had my tubes tied for 5 years. I will go get checked by a doctor and once I find out I will let you know and keep you updated on how things go. Thanks again for your help and advice.