i have had a tubal ligation 8 yrs ago and i think i might be pregnant. i am late for my period and have had symptoms of my period like cramping but no period. other pregnancy symptoms also. could i be pregnant

It is not common, but does happen. Try a home pregnancy test

Hi, not sure if you were pregnant or not,or even if you'll get this message. I had a tubal ligation during my last child's birth(C-section) in 2006. My periods are generally regular..give or take a day. I know when I ovulate,I have always gotten pain during that time. Anyway, I didn't ovulate this last month..and now I am over due for my period. I was due to start May25...it is now 28th.I have gone as late as 30days(instead of 28),but I am even later than that now. Including My 25th..I am technically 4 days late. I have been very nauseous,tired...even gaggy at times. about a week before my period, I was spotting,brownish blood,for a few days. I do have cramping, like period cramps. I should know if I am pregnant or not. I have already had 4 children(all by C-section) and I am 42 years of age. I am tempted to buy a test. I am excited to think that I might be pregnant, but at the same time scared because I have already had 4 c-sections and also the high risk of an etopic pregnancy. Should I buy a test or not?

Carrie

I also had my tubes done cut and burned 8 years ago. I have been having painful ovulations but this month was more painful than normal and my breasts became tender and now I am lactating. I had a hormone test done and all is normal I have ultra sounds done on Mon. Not sure what is going on. Cycle is not late yet I think I should get it the last week of the month that is the usual time any way.

since i had my tubal in 2004 i have been for the last 2 yrs been feeling like im pregnant but then always start my period....but i wud bet anything that ur not pregnant......of course theres the worst thing i fear and its the utopic pregnancy the fetus grows outside the fallopian tubes....u can die.....i hope i never get one of those...damn doctors never tell u the whole story of what the side effects are

My advice is buy a HPT and even if that shows negative go to your doctor. The past couple of weeks I had been feeling all the pregnancy symptoms. Food and smells were making me sick, I was extremely tired all the time, my breasts were tender, and my period was a week late. I thought I was going crazy because I had a tubal ligation a year and a half ago. I decided to buy a home pregnancy test to show myself that it was all in my head. I saw a faint plus sign and just stared at it. I decided to take another one later that day, and I got a much darker plus sign. I called my doctor and he said if I was having any pain to go to the ER. I headed there right away and they took my HCG levels. I went back 3 days later and the repeat HCG level test showed that I had an ectopic pregnancy. They said that I was lucky I noticed because most ectopics go unnoticed since you can experience some bleeding around the time of your period. Especially with women who have had tubal ligation, they never expect to be pregnant. But I am glad I took a home pregnancy test because it could have ended with my tube bursting and then having to have surgery.

Wow! I don't know if my question will ever get answered but here's a shot anyways. I had my tubes tied almost 4 years ago. My period is clockwork. I don't miss a day. Well i'm 2 days late now. I don't know what to do! I have cramps like my period wants to start but it doesnt. What is going on with me?

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE help me. I had my tubes cut, burned & tied back in 1995. Since then i've always had my periods on time, 7 days of painful  & heavy bleeding, sometimes twice a month, along with some crazy swelling of my stomach - im talking were i look 7 months pregnant. but never have i had a short or light period. In June of 2011 i was 7 days late & when i did start it was light & only 5 days. Well a couple days in July I started waking up sick & having heartburn... No PERIOD. ok now im starting to worry alittle. Well its now middle of August & I still havent had a period & I am having werid cravings, heartburn, getting carsick, & tired - ALL THE TIME!!! I have taken 2 HPT both came up neg. I dont really have the money to go to doctor. anyone got any advice....

Hi ashockey, planned parenthood will give you a test, but it's not unlikely to get pregnant after tubal ligation. You can get false results from home pregnancy tests. You want to make sure it's not an ectopic, because if it is you need to be monitored right away and see what your options are. Keep us posted. Best of luck.

I had a tubal done 14 yrs ago and within the last 2 months I have had vomitting isues over food that never bothered me before, cramping during sex and just out of the blue in my lower abdominal area. Extreme lower back pain. Tired alot, weird cravings. My period last month was fine as has been for the past 10 yrs I can recall. Its only been 2 wks since my last period ended and yesterday I had a small amount of blood in my underwear, so I thought I was getting my period again. But since then I have not bleed at all. I went to my OB-GYN and they ordered I have an ultra sound done to be sure cause from the exam they see nothing. Waiting to hear from Dr for the appointment, any suggestions?? Again I am not late for my period. I cant say I would be upset if I were pregnant cause at the point in my life now I am capable of caring for another child and there are no hardships now. Although the 2 children I already have are 17 and 14. Please any suggestions??

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

Carrie

I'm in the same situation but its been almost 2 yrs since my Tubal ligation. I really think I might be pregnant. I have all the symptoms. idk what 2 do.

GuestChance wrote:

ashockey wrote:

HI FRIEND,
YOU SAID THAT YOU SUSPECT THAT YOU ARE PREGNANT AND HAVE DONE 2 HPT. AND IT CAME OUT NEGATIVE.
SOMEONE SUGGESTED YOU TO GO TO A DOC/GYNA TO HAVE YOURSELF CHECKED.
YOU ALSO MENTIONED THAT YOU WANT TO GO TO A DOC BUT YOU DON'T HAVE THE MONEY.
I AM WILLING TO HELP. HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU NEED TO CONSULT A SPECIALIST?
IF THIS WAS POSTED LAST YEAR, DID YOU SEE A DOC?
IF YES, WHAT DID THE DOC SAY?
IF NO, WHAT HAS EXACTLY HAPPENED?
ALSO CAN I HAVE THE NAME OF THE DOC YOU WENT TO BECAUSE I HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM LIKE YOURS.
HOPE TO RECEIVE A REPLY SOON.
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ALWAYS
RANI

I would love to hear what you learn. I too had a tubal 14 years ago with no problems then recently experienced the same symptoms you've explained above along with dizzy spells and unable to eat much without getting sick.

I too have had my tubes tied. I got them snipped and burnt back in 2001. I've had irregular periods for the past few years, at times I have 2 periods per month. I had 2 in Sept. and missed all of October. Usually my periods are full blown heavy. This one is extremely light, with some weird tissue like stuff, it almost looks like a colorless blood clot or something. I totally regret getting my tubes tied as my life hasn't been the same since I got them tied due to my irregular periods. Has anyone ever had a light slimy period with tissue like stuff coming out? If it continues tomorrow I'm going to see my doctor.

Hey I am doing the same thing but I have nausea and vomiting in the morning. My tubes have also been tied for 8 years.