how long do i have to wait to resume intercourse after having an abortion? my doctor said my cervix is already closed

How long has it been since the abortion? The most common recommendation is to wait at least two to three weeks after the abortion before you have intercourse (or sometimes the recommendation is to wait until the follow-up exam which should be roughly at 3-4 weeks). The main risk her is not only the fact that your body needs tome to heal and that your internal reproductive organs are much more susceptible to an infection during this period, but there is also a chance that you get pregnant very soon after the abortion which would endanger you even more. So, even in the recommended time, you have to be careful.

i had an abortion on the 7/7/2011. as i said before the doctor explained that my cervix had closed.  i did have sex with my fiance last night, he did where a condom and he also pulled out before he came.

But it's been less than a week, when could your doctor see if your cervix was closed or not? Then why do they send all those women on follow-up this far after the abortion to see if cervix was closed (it takes 2 weeks for it to close after surgical abortion, so...)? I'm really confused - did your doctor also say you can swim, take a bath instead of shower, exercise all you want, lift all the weight you want... ?
I'm just trying to make you understand that you risk getting infection or your bleeding might start again - you are risking way to much health-wise and the worst thing is that consequences will show later. It's fairly easy to avoid them - one more week without sex.

I have a the paper work from family planning and it says a week is fine for sex baths exercising tampons, as long as your not bleeding or in pain and at the clinic they said a week to me also for sex maybe its longer if your farther along in your pregnancy, 3-4 weeks is not true at all I have been reading that everywhere its wrong, just be sure your body is ready and you wear protection so you cant get pregnant.