I had a surgical abortion May 24 when I was 9weeks 6 days along. I went back to the doctor for my follow up June 17 which is what, 3 weeks, 3 days later. I took two at home *digital* pregnancy tests which both came back as positive on the 16th and the morning of the 17th, however, at the doctor on the 17th, I had two urine pregnancy tests done which both came back negative. I also had an ultrasound done too on the 17th. It was clear except I learned that I had a cyst on my left ovary. I did have unprotected sex quite a few times since the abortion so if I was pregnant again, I couldn't be no more than 3 weeks for sure. And at 3 weeks or less, nothing should show on an ultrasound anyways would it? The doctor said it is VERY RARE to get pregnant after an abortion. He said I must start my period first then get on birth control. Well, I haven't started my period yet so Im not on birth control.
Am I in the clear and the positive tests are from the abortion right?