Im 24 from Ireland and I had an abortion on the 22nd Oct and just found out that i am pregnant again. I will not have another abortion but am worried about my health if i carry the pregnancy to term. I already have a 7 year old son. Because abortion is illegal in Ireland , I had to travel to England for my abortion and have no one that can answer my questions! I had a period 4 wks ago and started back on my birth control pills. Hadn't missed one or anything was just unlucky. Can anyone inform me if there will be any health risks if I continue the pregancy so soon after my abortion ???

can take from 6-24 months after an interrupted pregnancy before your body and hormonal systems feel completely 'back to normal' again. This means that you may feel signs of pregnancy again each month before your period starts, which could include: swollen and tender breasts, nausea, tiredness, cravings for foods, fullness in the uterine area, frequent urination, back pain and stronger than usual PMS. This is a natural occurence and does not mean that you are pregnant again. Your body is trying to get used to not being pregnant, since the process was interrupted. Take a pregnancy test (preferrably at your doctor's office) to make sure (More than one - a week or two apart to give the horomones time to filter through the body).

If you are pregnant again then you are not smart enough to have sex. If you can't handle the concequences, don't do it at all!!!!!

If your abortion was free from complications, there is no reason that this pregnancy should be in jeopardy. Good luck!