I had an abortion the Friday 16th of march 07... i started birth control (pill)the sunday after that and everything was fine and i got my period when i expected it. but then my boyfriend and i decided to have sex we used protection and i was on the pill...but the condom broke again and now im afraid the something could have happened because i have heard that abortion makes you extreamly fertile...i dont know what to do it was a really stuipd decision and it all happened way too fast. what is my risk and could frequent urination terrible pelvic pain mean something other than pregnancy after an abortion? thanks much!

Mandy

It could mean something... A UTI, a urinary tract infection.

You were well protected by the pill by the time you had sex, so the condom was simply an added bonus.

It is not that you are 'extremely fertile' after an abortion.. It is that you never know when you are going to ovulate, so unless you 'test' for ovulation, you should always consider yourself at risk.

Should i go to the doctor for it or will it pass?...oh and what causes uti's...just curious? Your a bunch of help. thanks.

Mandy.

UTI's usually require antibiotics, it is best to not let the infection go too long..

I would definitely get checked out to see if it is a UTI, but there are the same symptoms..

UTI's often occur without you doing anything wrong..

Sex can cause UTI's, not drinking enough water, or even scented bubble baths..

Get checked out =)

Thanks so much! :-)

I had a surgical abortion 2 years ago. I was 6 weeks pregnant when i went for an operation...wasn't bleeding a lot, felt like i have a normal period, but suddenly i started to feel pregnant again, so i went to clinic for a check up...Doctor said that they missed my abortion/some tissues left and i need to have another operation!!! In the meantime doctor gave me antibiotic to prevent an infection (had a nausea and felt not well-was it because i was still pregnant or because infection occures?!!). After another operation felt much better, wasn't even bleeding that much. Came back to work few days after!
I was in that unlucky 1%, whos abortion was missed!!!! Do you think that i will have a problem to get pregnant in the future??...
3 months ago had a urine infection and that made me feel concerned more, that i won't be able to have a children, because of all that problems...please advise.
Thanks for your help
Roxana ?

Roxana...

A urine infection, or Uniary tract infection, has NOTHING to do with your fertility or abortion.

UTI's just happen, and girls as young as 5 could possibly get one. It just happens.

It would be unlikely that you shoudl have problems with having a baby, especially since they caught the missed tissue quickly. You got the antibiotics, so that is good.

Your pregnancy hormones are still present for awhile after an abortion, so you could still have nausea for a while, that is not abnormal.

Oh no! today i noticed some really dark almost blackish blood and im not supposed to have my period for another week but i started a different type of birth control beacuse the ones the doctor gave me after the abortion made me sick, is this normal blood or...?
thanks!

New birth control can cause breakthrough bleeding, which is ANY bleeding that occurs not within the period 'week'...

It is normal, especially when first starting the pill up again, or switching.

Can an abortion cause an incompetent cervix?

Or is UTI more likely to cause it?

Sam

AN incompetant cervix often 'just happens' as a fluke.

Women that have never had an abortion can have an IC, and women that have 3-4 abortions may never have an IC.

It is individual to each woman.

A UTI has NOTHING to do with a womans cervix, or an IC.

I had an abortion last Tuesday, bled overnight and then I was done. My bf and I had unprotected sex the following Monday and used the pull and pray method. Is it possible I got pregnant again? I'm started getting cramps again and took a test and it came up positive. Is it my hormones from the previous pregnancy making the test come up positive?