So I just started having sex like a month ago. My boyfriend and I just use condoms. Two weeks ago (towards the end of my ovulation like 2 days till the end) we had sex on a Monday (12/2/13). I guess I was in the mood at the time and didnt really realize what was happening, but when he put the condom on he put it on wrong like on the wrong way and so he flipped it around to put it on the right way. I think a little precum got on the top of it and that is what I'm worried about. (but since then ive researched and someone said that the semen in precum (if any) immediately becomes inactive if it isnt inserted directly from penis to vagina??) I thought of this however later on that week on Thursday (12/5/13) and ended up taking plan b on that Saturday (12/7/13) (5 days after we had sex aka the last possible day it may work) a week later (the next saturday (12/14/13)) we had sex again but the condom ripped this time. He didn't cum that night but I took 'my way' (another ec pill) anyways. My period was expected on tuesday (12/17/13) (yesterday) and now its wednesday (12/18/13) and I havent gotten it. I was told not to worry because the pills mess up the period cycle a lot but I am so worried which I have also heard messes up the cycle and may make me late but its weird bc my periods have never been abnormal. I just need advice

Health Guru
Hi Clarep4, first of all 5 days is to late to take emergency contraception as its last recommended time it will have any chance of working is 72 hours, the sooner you take it after unprotected sex the higher the percentage of it working. Because you have also taken 2 quite close together then it will probably through your period right out and may even cause you to miss it all together, that is also the same for when you get stressed it can delay your period or even stop them all together. I would like to advise you that it might be best for you to use another form of contraception as well then you won't have any worries. :-)

do you think there is anyway that I could be pregnant? and also do you have any advice on how not to worry? thanks! this did help :) I just need reassurance that I'll be okay haha I'm 17

Health Guru
Hi Clarep4, I don't think there would be much chance of you being pregnant as the first pill you took should have worked even though you took it late, only other advice I can give is to try to stop stressing and take more care :-)

thank you so much.. this really helps take a load off my shoulders!