Hello! I am pregnant and I got conjunctivitis. Doctor told me that I have a problem with allergic conjunctivitis which is caused by pollen. I am afraid that this will harm my baby. Am I right? He prescribed me some eye drops and I want to ask you is it safe to take them, during the fact that I am pregnant. Thanks you!

Hello! I will tell you first something about your conjunctivitis: allergic conjunctivitis is pretty common illness and you know what causes it. So, just stay indoor until season of pollen pass. You should take eye drops exactly as your ophthalmologist prescribed you (I assume that you got artificial tears or antihistamine eye drops. Your unborn will not be harmed.

Well conjunctivitis can sometimes cause many problems but in many cases it goes away on its own. The thing is that there are several causes of conjunctivitis and depending on the cause the treatment has to be appropriate as well. Now I don’t think that pregnancy has much influence on conjunctivitis but I think you just have to discus with your doctor possible side effects of some treatments on your pregnancy. Your pregnancy should be your first priority. Some eye drops can be harmful for your pregnancy so be careful and ask your doctor to tell you all the possible complications. In what month of the pregnancy are you? Are you using any other medication right now?