Hi, I'm 24 years old male. Close to 3 months ago I noticed that my right eye was consistently tearing, red, and I woke up my eyelids were almost stick together due to mucous discharges. I went to a generalist and my case was diagnosed as conjunctivitis. The generalist prescribed an eye-drop (fucithalmic, active ingredient fucidic acid), and he said that in 5 days at most all should be ok. This wasn't the case and after a week I went to an ophthalmologist who gave me 2 types of eye drops : Okacin and Tobrex. These eye drops were more efficient, and soon tearing stopped, redness and discharge decreased. I returned the ophthalmologist who asked me to discontinue using the eye-drops and just tend for my eye cleanliness. But a week after I stopped using the drops, my eye showed again some of the typical symptoms of conjunctivitis namely eye redness, sticky discharge and lid swelling although I should point that the symptoms were not as pronounced as in the first days of the disease. After consulting he prescribed yet another eye-drop TobdraDex. Again, symptoms gradually deacresed. He asked me to stop using the eye-drop, so I did. Soon after I stopped using the eye-drop I realized that my eye-lids have not returned to their normal state, and as a result my right eye looks smaller than my left eye. Also when I wake up, I notice that there's a significant amount of discharge (again not as in the initial phase of infection) . Fed up with antibiotic eye-drops I decided not to return to the doctor again and seek some softer ways of treating my condition. Currently I'm using hot compress and eye-washing with hot water (sterilized by boiling). I sometimes add to the boiling water some Aloe vera juice which is supposed to have a soothing effect. This actually helped in the lessening the amount of nocturnal discharge but did little to improve my eye-lids and my right eye still looks smaller than my left eye. A friend advised me of reusing fucithalmic, so I did. I also helped in reducing discharge and practically eliminating it, but not with my eyelids.
I'm sorry if I've given too much details, but the thing is I'm kind of lost and I have the feeling that my eye will never return to its previous state. I hope I haven't done anything wrong. Please if someone can help me I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/conjunctivitis.htm

There are the common causes, viral, bacterial, allergic, and more rarely, chlamydia. The last responds to different treatment.

Have you been swabbed by your GP for this strain?

I would recommend to have a look at **** it covers many red eye causes

**edited by moderator**