Hello! I have problems with conjunctivitis. Actually, I used to have occasional problems with my left eye which was sometimes irritated. It used to be red and inflamed and I felt pain and itching. But the symptoms usually disappeared after a day or two. Now, I have conjunctivitis again but my both eyes are affected. It really bothers me! I keep on getting conjunctivitis! What could be the reason?

Hello! The symptoms you described are the most obvious symptoms of conjunctivitis, which involves inflammation of the clear membrane covering the white part of the eye. You haven’t said if your conjunctivitis was caused by virus or bacteria. There is also allergic conjunctivitis. You should visit your doctor and discover what type of conjunctivitis you have in order to get the proper treatment. Also you should take care and avoid contaminated hand towels since viral and bacterial conjunctivitis spread easily to others. Don't share eye drops or cosmetics such as eyeliner, eye shadow or mascara.