I have pressure in my colon which feels as though it is at the top of the rectum or in the sigmoid. It feels like the very beginnings of the need to defecate but instead of lasting a few seconds as it does in norml people as faeces moves into the bottom of the rectum it is continuous unless I can remove the faeces which I can only do by filling half my colon with water via the anus. When I do this the pressure is removed but then builds up again as soon as faeces moves into the area again. I had surgery to repair a rectal intussuception in 2008 to solve this issue but it made no difference other than seemingly moving the pressure further up the colon. The surgery I had is called a Ventral Mesh Recotpexy.

I would like to hear from anyone who has/had the same issue and whether or not they have found a solution.

I would urge anyone who replies to make their settings on this forum to allow private messages or at least stay subscribed to this topic so that we can communicate if necessary

Hello idkwia,

I haven't had the procedure you're talking about but it sounds like you may have colon damage in terms of peristalsis.  Peristalsis is a contract of the muscles in the tract that propels fecal material forward for elimination.  If the muscle or the nerves in that area are damaged you tract won't be able to contract.  That could cause build up of fecal material and distention and pain.  It sounds to me like you need to go back to that doctor and have him/her check that area out to see if it is working properly.  Nerve damage is not uncommon  with certain surgeries and implants.

I had the problem before the operation as is clear in my post. I have had numerous investigations and seen numerous doctors to no avail. I have come across other people who have the same issue and I am hoping to attract them here to see if any of them have found a solution.