hello i am a 21 year old male. i just recently had a full blood count done, a fecal occult test, urine test, and a full physical, everything is perfect. But for the last month i have had an almost constant urge to urinate, i go about 8-10 times a day and 2 or 3 times at night and the urge never seems tho go away. no blood no burning and no pain during urination or ejaculation. It is very frustrating. This is also accompanied by an almost constant urge to have a bowel movement. I have about 2-3 bowel movement a day all of which appear to be very normal. Could what i am facing be all in my head ( i have pretty bad anxiety). i am not sure if these symptoms have anything in common or not. Sometimes the symptoms are there together and sometimes one seems to over power the other. The sensations seem to wax and wane in severity but are always there. about ten days before all these symptom i took cipro 500mg 2 times a day for 14 days for a totally different infection.i was told this could have stripped all the good bacteria from my uti and bowels and could have caused this problem? but it just doesnt sound rigth to me. I am currently taking a 24 hour pee test. please help i cant even go through a single day without constantly thinking about this it is taking over my life. should i go to see a uroligist or a GP or both? i really dont know what to do. i would assume it is something wrong with my prostate but i just dont know. PLEASE HELP IM DESPERATE

It is good that you just had a full check-up. That helps rule out a lot. You are right in assuming that if it is anything serious, it could be your prostate. However, that is seriously jumping the gun. You could have just gotten a bladder infection. Either way, you need to be seen by a doc, preferably a Urologist.

Start right now by drinking Cranberry Juice (Not Cranberry Cocktail w/sugar). Make sure it is pure Cranberry Juice with no sugar, dextrose, sucrose, fructose, corn syrup or any sweetener added. That will help with a bladder infection. You can even go to a Health Food store and get Cranberry Capsules, that will work even faster. If a bladder infection is not the problem, the cranberry will not hurt you.

I have the exactly same symptoms 23 yr old male here, just wondering what you found out, and how you went about dealing with it?

yeah i'm a 24yo male suffering the exact same symptoms. did you have any luck in the end? what was the problem

I am a 24 year old male and am having the same problems, i did notice that reducing my intake ogo Chocolate and drinking Pure Cranberry Juice and between 3-4 glasses of water helped. But funnily enough my GP tells me it might just be in my head.

Apparently if you feel un-easy. Your body has a natural process of telling you to fight or flight. Seeing as most people don't want to fight. They opt for the flight option. Here comes the funny part, your body then starts to create adrenaline, which in turn create more urine and as you body knows that the lighter you are the faster you will move. Its wants you to urinate.

Stangely i sort of get the above, because at home i am fine, but once i am getting ready to go to work. All havoc breaks loss. But having said that my problem has only been active for about 8 months on/off. I have been at my currently work place for about a year.

I am 21 year old male and i a have almost the exact same symptoms. Its been a problem that started about 2 years ago and has been getting worse over time. I have seen almost 5 different urologists and nobody can exactly pinpoint what it is, but i have been on Uroxatral 10 mg for close to a year or more and when i stop taking it regularly, it becomes nearly impossible to empty my bladder along with a stronger than normal urge to urinate constantly. My bladder cannot hold as much liquid as it used to like a normal bladder, and the fuller my bladder is,the harder it is to empty it and my body starts to freak out when i feel an actual physical sensation of urgency to urinate, which makes it even more impossible to empty out. I keep wanting to think it is prostate related, because every time before i have a distinctly difficult time urinating, i feel a strange, blossoming, growing pressure in my rectum which stops any urine from coming out. Bathtubs, showers, any kind of warm water coming in contact with my rectum/prostate area usually make it considerably easier to urinate, but doesn't always work. Please if anybody knows anything about this or what steps to take to conquer this please respond back, I am completely desperate. This is controlling my life, I cant do things with my friends or close family for fear of not being able to urinate wherever im at and having to go back to the hospital and being catheterized again. I cant get a job I cant do anything like this PLEASE HELP

This is to reply to the last message posted on 01/22/09 (01:19) by guest and subject: problems urinating

I am a 41 yrs old male. I got the exact same symptoms when I was about 22-23 yrs. It first started with an a weak flow when urinating and a feeling of not completely emptying the bladder. A couple of years later, the symptoms developed into an strong urge to urinate and a pressure on my rectum. There were times that I though one of the two (my bladder or my rectum) would give in.

I had problems to concentrate at work as I had to constantly visit the toilet, often without any result/success. I could not urinate if I didn't not empty my rectum first. Often I had experienced a sharp burning kind of instant pain when ejaculating.

All those symptoms led me to think that there was something wrong with my prostate. But from what I had know this is something that happens to men over 40 yrs old and more so over 50yrs old. Besides many urologists I had visited had found nothing wrong with my prostate. At some point I visited an GP who re-directed me to a lab where after I was tested negative for various sexual transmitted d's (STD) I was asked to provide sample of the first fluid of the day coming from my bladder. That examination revealed some kind of bacteria on my intestine ( I can not recall the term now but I will look into it). I had to take the Augmentin antibiotic in liquid form (powder or large pill diluted into a glass of water) twice a day for 15 days). After that my life came back to normal. Apparently it was those bacterias that were causing disturbance and, in turn, pressure to the bladder.

My whole ordear had lasted about 2-3 yrs. Since then I haven't had any such symptoms. However my urine still comes with a weak flow and there are times that I get burning sensation on my prostate especially when sitting many hours at work (my office job does not help). During a recent case of urine infection infection few years ago it was found that there is a very resistant bacteria in my prostate which probably the reason for my weak urine flow rather than the past issues. I tried to get rid of this bacteria with a very strong antibiotic but it had some side effects so I had to stop taking it and as per my doctor's advice I will keep it this way unless it gets aggressive again.

The bottom line is that since more than 14 years now I am free of the symptoms you described. I also think that my weak urine flow is not related to the urge to urinate and the rectum pressure.

Closing I would recommend that you follow my steps visit a lab and ask for a full exams on urine/semen/blood sample. You should also perhaps think STD (especially Chlamydia) as a possible cause of those symptoms as it - rarely so - affects the bladder and the colon/rectum area. But again the existence of such STD will appear on the lab test.

Hope all the above, will help you.

Regards

KK

KK, PLEASE let me know what that bacteria is called, and how it was found.

My symptoms started with a "prostate" infection, i was 28. I was put on lavaguin for 90 days. with very small relief from symptoms. I was later (2) years diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. I have to urinate every 10 miniutes to 1 hour if i am awake. I have to urinate every 1 1/2 to 3 hours while trying to sleep. I usually have a very constant feeling of a full colon. I also feel i almost constantly have to urinate. I can feel like i will throw up if I dont empty the 3 drops of urine in my bladder. My symptoms have been strong for over 9 years now (the whole time working a full time swing shift job). recently I started wearing very loose clothing using suspenders, so there will be no pressure whats so ever on my belly. It has helped somewhat. I also have recently (in the last year) noticed I have very strong and urgent (false) feelings that I need to urinate, but acually I really need to defacate. I will actually run to the urinal and try and pee, but cant. then I am aware I need to sit down quick, because the urgent urination feeling is completely gone and replaced by a very sudden need for a BW.
I had a bladder study done. They found my bladder only holds 1/3 what it should (probly from 9+ years of peeing 30+ times a day). My doc feels my nerves arnt working correctly. She has recomended me for a interstim. This is something like a pacemaker for your bladder. For those who dont know what this is, google it. I have a weak stomach and i hate to have this done, But they claim it will work. I am now 37 and I dont suffer like I used too, But only because I have adapted so much to this curse. I have a 13 minute car ride home from work, and I carry a "pee jug" in case i cant make it home in time. I use it often. I have even peed myself on purpose when I have been unable to get to a restroom, knowing I only every go a very small amount anyway. I could go on.

Just to reply i'm a 31 yr old male, i've been having bouts of frequent urine, prostate symtoms, a sensation of my kidneys as if i can feel my urine flowing , this been happing lately right after i void, and the sensation ease up later on, anyway this been going on, off and on for about 10 yrs started when i was about 21 or 22, did (urinalyst) they found nothing in my urine, i did two pee test this yr 09' already, so i just don't really know ya'lls post sounded pretty semilar to me so i thought i 'l add, so right back and ket me know, Thanks

I realize that this is an all male thread, lol, but I have been having the same symptoms after taking a three day run of cipro for an ear infection. I have an urge to urinate and have a bowel movement, and the symptoms are worse in the morning.

Most frustrating of all...when I log into message boards or go to symptom checkers, they all say that I have a prostate infection -- LOL....clearly impossible.

To the first poster: I'm beginning to believe, too, that it is all in my head. The symptoms DO seem to go away when I'm busy or occupied with something, so (since I was already put through a battery of tests for ovarian cysts, etc.), I'm pretty sure nothing is seriously wrong.

Take care, guys :-) Hope you don't mind my sticking my two cents in on this all-male convo.

:-)

I recall hearing of links between the condition of the large intestine (colon) and the prostate. As I understand it, fecal impaction (old waste adhering to the walls of the colon) is a common condition in those of us raised on a diet abundant in "pasty wheat products". I read on a National Cancer Institute website that fecal impaction can be a source of back pain, because the bulk in the colon presses up against the nerves of the spine. This impaction does not prevent bowel movements. It can be likened to the build-up of minerals in a pipe. Stuff can still pass through.

Looking at anatomical images of the prostate I notice that it sits directly under the bladder, which sits under the intestines. One can imagine that mechanical pressure from the intestines on the bladder and prostate could result in problems. Whether this mechanical disturbance relates to the symptoms described above, I do not know. I have heard such symptoms associated with candidiasis or dysbiosis. From all I have read, and DONE myself (I have experienced some of the kind of urinary frequency described above) I would say that gastro-intestinal cleansing (colonics, supplements)is a must for anyone who wants durable health. Anyone interested in pursuing this line of inquiry could read the distinguised and enormously accomplished Dr. Bernard Jensen. For a more light hearted perspective,
Alot of discussion and information about these matters can be found on raw/living foods websites. Gabriel Cousens and Fred Bisci are two medical doctors central to that movement.

A final comment on "it's all in your head." I would say that this line should be taken to mean "I don't know" or "I have reached the limit of my investigative methods." Both of these are respectable answers. "You have to live with it" is not an unreasonable answer, but it should be accompanied by "Or look to other methods of investigation and treatment." Medicine has only advanced because yesterday's standard procedures and ways of thinking were supplanted by tomorrow's new insights and methods (Ignazt Semmelweis is an instructive example.)

*** edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I am 17 years old and I just lost my virginity not even a week ago, I lost my virginity in his car in the missionary position with my legs up. Afterward I bled a lot, but I knew that was normal, but ever since then I have been having strong urges to urinate all of the time. I also have been having really strong pains in my lower stomach area and I do not know what this mean or what to make of it. I am starting to get worried because my mom does not even know that I had sex so if I initiate the conversation to go to the doctor to get a checkup, since I am not of legal age to have privacy in medical issues I am scared of what I will find out. I hope that I do not have a urinary tract infection. But it seems to appear that something is going on because ever since I lost my virginity I have noticed that even though I can hold my urine in, I cannot hold it in for long periods of time. I do not even know if this is normal, so for those of you who are having my same problem but have had more experience can you help me get some answers?

Hello All

After many trips to the doctors i have almost lost faith in whether a PHD is achieved or collected in a box of coco pops.

Do no listen to doctors who tell you the issue is you/anxiety.   This is the Doctors way of saying- I dont know, b****r off.

of course its an issue!!! I have had this issue on and off for a while not to mention other symptoms which have made my life a living hell.

I came on line after calling in sick to work and thinking... why me?

I have a disease called severe esophagitis which is where my stomache is so picky on what  eat or drink that anything with Acid or fatty foods and its goodnight cya later.

due to esophagitis my body decided it wasnt enough of a challenge and said Anal Fissure here i come.

if you dont know what an Anal Fissure is.... hope to god you never hear its name.

around the time i got the Anal Fissure, my body decided - give him something else to.

Urgent Urge to pee, feel like you may leak/piss yourself. cant empty the whole bladder.

I did read on a site that it may be linked to the Fissure. Although, I tend to Doubt these educated Doctors know/care.

I found that if you ejaculate too often the symptoms get worse. if you dont at all it gets worse. "lose lose situation"

I have tried almost everything.... I eat Healthy ect.

Doing excercise helps and whoever said to wear loose clohes "good thinking". wearing loose clothes helps and excercise helps the situation.

I have a Office job and when i started that was about the time sh*t hit the fan. think of your bladder copping a whole day sitting squashed.

I once tried something that helped and i couldt belive it did.....  I dried myself out...  Didn't drink any water!

After drinking minimal ammounts of water i then hit it like a water fall!!!! 3 Litres of the sh*t!  It was like what ever was in there got washed out.

You can try the above however i tried the second time and couldnt flush it.

I think my issue is linked to this stupid fissue as when the fissure gets bad the pee thing get bad....

With work unfortunatly, they wont understand as you look ok... you can talk, walk and laugh..... but you race to the toilet like a preganant woman on a mission.

I look at other people and wish i could sit down how they do in such comfort. Everyone thinks im a fussy eater. although i wish!!! i wish just for one day i could give all these shitty issues to everyone so they feel it and go OHHH sh*t!!!

Hope my thoughts may of helped others in some way. Just think you are lucky with only the pee thing.

Goodluck all

I recently had the same problem, I was peeing constantly and having bms about 4 times a day. I went to the doctor and they did simple     x-ray of my stomach and decided I had a partial blockage in my bowl. they said I was constipated on the inside. I was very doubtful about this but figured I would at least rule it out. They put me on a liquid laxitive for 2 days (I stayed on the toilet) then I have to take milalax every morning for the rest of my life, but It worked!! I no longer need to go pee 30 times a day and the pressure in my rectum is gone. Dont know if this will help or not but I hope so.

I've had this problem, after researching threads, medical websites, etc. For a few years, I read that when a person ejaculates, there's a few places the fluid cones from... I tink our isue i erhave notfuly ejaculaed, and we're experiencing swelling and pressure build up, putting pressure on our bowels and our bladders.  so think there may be an issue with the ducts in your urinary tract that are not fully closing after ejaculation when the symptoms are the worst. The doctors will diagnose it as prostatitis, which is a result, not a cause. Making sure I have complete ejaculation, (taking my time, not having sex drunk, etc.) Seems to help a lot. A full ejaculation will have a more fluid consistency rather than thick, from the prostate fully releasing its part of the ejaculate. I think the root cause of my problem is having intercourse with a girl with a uti, and leaving it untreated for an extended period of time, or having intercourse drunk and never ejaculating. Your root cause may be any number of things, but I hope this helps.