I'm 18 with blond hair but I'm really hairy. I've never waxed or shaved so far but I've been experimenting with slightly more revealing clothing lately and I really don't want my hairy arms to show when I am wearing a sleeveless top. 

What is the best way to get rid of hairy arms? I know waxing lasts longer but I'm afraid of the pain. Shaving is easier but I have heard that the hairs come back darker and thicker and I really don't want that.

If you could please tell me what the best way is to deal with my hairy arms and armpits? 

I think it is a total myth that hairs come back coarser and more numerously once you start shaving. It has never happened to me, and I have dark brownish hair all over my body. Shaving is quick, easy, and cheap. When I was a teen, I remember trying to shave for the first few times and encountering some difficulties, being intimidated by the whole adventure. Since then though, shaving my legs, armpits, and sometimes pubes has just become an easy part of my beauty routine that I do not even think about.

Waxing requires you to wait until your hair grows back before you do it again. I don't fancy that at all so I have never tried.

Of course you can wax or shave, with waxing being something that would require you to visit a salon, so you would end up spending more money. Money is something people your age often don't have boatloads of, so I would try the cheaper option if you were only considering the two, and just shave. 

Another thing to consider is Veet cream for underarm hair removal though. You just apply this and you get a little plastic spatula which you use to scrub the hair away after a period of time. It is something I have not tried in years, but I thought I should mention it as another hair removal option that some people like. 

Maybe you can shave your left arm well, but it might be rather difficult to shave your right arm with your left hand. If you are right handed, that is. I don't know. I shave my armpits, but have never touched my arms. With a razor I mean. I am not a very hairy person, but I also really can't imagine actually shaving my arms.

Maybe if you want to save yourself time and effort, just skip the whole shaving thing and go straight for laser hair removal. I don't know a lot about it but I think it is zap and it's gone forever. I do understand not wanting very hairy arms.

I would avoid waxing your actual arms (armpits are a different story), for several reasons:

• Your arms are more sensitive than many other parts of your body, including your legs. Having your arms waxed hurts a lot, not just while you are having it done but after as well! A lot of people say that the more they have their arms waxed, the more sensitive their arms become in general. You don't want that. 
  • Your arms are one of those body parts that are often bare. The waxing actually makes your skin more sensitive to the sun, which is bad for a body part that is often out in the open. 

So just go with shaving, really. 

Waxing your arms makes them progressively more sensitive and affects the way the sun interacts with your skin? I had no idea, so thanks for mentioning this! I am in my late 20s but have never shaved my actual arms for some reason, until recently. I find that it makes them look a lot nicer so I was considering getting them waxed soon, just for that longer lasting hairlesness. Your post is giving me second thoughts though. What you say does make sense when I think about it so I think I will just continue shaving then.

I have always shaved my armpits and arms personally. It's easy to do, it's cheap, and you don't need to make an appointment. You don't need to let your hair grow out either. It's a no brainer for me really. Shaving doesn't make the hairs come back thicker. It just looks like that at first because it's stubble you are seeing, and the roots of the hairs are thicker than the ends. If you were to let it all grow out it would look just like before, but why would you do that anyway?