People shave legs and trim pit hair, but what about pubic hair? The summer is almost gone, but still, shaving pubic hair is not some solution for the beach. I want to remove pubic hair some other way and not sure should I wax? I know some people remove a small amount of hair (so they could look good in a small bathing suit), and some remove all pubic hair. In the second group myself. My skin is really sensitive and reacts every time I shave. Anybody know some other way to remove pubic hair (but shaving)?

Hi, you can wax pubic hair, as you wax your legs (if you`re a girl). That means adding strips of hot or cold wax on a cloth. Ripp it off quickly after a while. When waxing regularly, pubic or any other hair won`t grow back so quickly (as after shaving) and they won`t be so thick and dark. If you decide to go back shaving, do it carefully to avoid in-grown hairs and infections. Trim before shaving. Soak the genital area in warm water. Never dry shave - use a shaving cream. Remove dead skin with a sponge and moisturize your freshly shaven genital area. And, you can remove pubic hair with chemical depilatories. Electrolysis and laser hair removal are relatively painless ways to remove pubic hair. But, pretty expensive, as well.

Hi, I wax the area on a regular basis. I also was other parts of my body - legs, underarm, arms) as well. I use two types of waxes. One is a specially formulated wax called a 'hard wax'. This is used in the pubic region. The other type I use is a 'honee wax' (the manufacturer spells it like this). This wax is used on the legs, and arms. The main difference between the two is this: The honee wax is used with 'epilating strips'. I use muslin strips for this type of wax. There is another type of strip available for use with other types of wax - I forget what they are made of - but the muslin strips work with this type of wax. Anyway, The hard wax does not need strips. In fact, I have tried using strips and they don't stick to it. Its made for use without them. It simply gets heated in a wax warmer, applied, and it then sits for a moment to cool down a bit, until it is soft and pliable, then it is lifted off.
The results are well worth the effort. Waxing lasts anywhere from 4-6 weeks. You will notice some regrowth after a few weeks, but it is nothing like shaving which you will notice regrowth like the next day or two. Not to mention all the bumps and itching you get from shaving.
If you decide to go to a spa/salon to have it done, be sure they are reputable - ask around before going. Also, depending on where you live, many states require licensing. It your state requires this, be sure that the person and/or salon/spa is licensed. There are too many unlicensed/unqualified people out there performing this and other services. Also, be sure that the person doing the waxing does not 'double-dip'. That means using the wooden applicator more than once. This can lead to contamination of the wax and you don't want to be exposed to another persons germs!
Good luck!

i feel SO much better after reading what everyone else has been going through cause i've been experiencin the similar little cuts, bleeding, and bumps after shaving down there. and I HATE IT! i've tried waxing it myself but it doesn't work. i follow all the directions; let it cool then pull. but it doesn't do anything. mabe i just have the wrong type of wax.
so i've decided i'm going to a salon and let them do it for me. having pubic hair is a pain and really makes me selfconcious. i dont't like it and don't allow my boyfriend anywhere near it. i'm hoping this wax thing will help!

Celebrity
O dear maddiemacleery, such a pity you cannot accept what mother nature endowed you with, you say having pubic hair is a pain, unless you are a freak of nature and don't have pubic hair, 99.9% of people will worry why they don't have any, most people would be self conscious if they had no pubic hair, I wish you all the best for your hairless body, but I think your boyfriend will be disappointed when he finds you 'downthere' is still like a 8 year old girl. You say you hate it, so why do it.

I'm a man who loves pubic hair on my women, and more of my many male friends like it, than don't, as natural is exactly that, and natural is best in everything else. The only people who keep telling us it's not natural, always seem to have a reason to say it, usually involving money going into their own pockets, like gillette, who have made natural seem like a dirty word, and women with sheeps minds follow every word, as if it has come down from a god. The god is known as profit, and if you have money to waste, and feel like one of those woolly things you see on farms, keep doing what they have brainwashed you to do, or use your brain, and your money on yourself, not multi millionairs, who laugh at your gullibility.

I have been waxing all pubic hair now for about 3 years. I leave none on my penis or balls or anal area with no problems. I just exfoliate to avoid ingrowing hairs. At this stage there is practically no hair regrowing on the penis or between it and the bikini line, with some weaker regrowth in the other areas. I now wax every 10 weeks and will shortly be leaving it even longer between waxing. I started at 6 weeks between waxing when the hair was stronger. I have always went to a professional waxing salon---too sensitive an area to risk any problems.

Dude, literally nobody asked for your opinion