Hi. I'm 19 year old female and I have developed really serious pubic hair problem. You see, before in life, these hairs weren’t so expressed and visible but now- I can't imagine my self going out on swimming without first shaving this area completely.
This frequent shaving has caused me several problems with ingrown hairs and inflamed follicles.
That’s why I've decided to maybe start with some hair removal hairs that my friend has recommended me. I don’t know anything about it and that’s why- some advices on this field would be more then welcome! Thanks!

Hi. I had the same problems when I was your age. Constant shaving of this area irritated my skin and caused me big problems with infections of hair follicles.
That’s why I switched completely on these shaving creams. A depilatory cream is a substance that contains sodium thioglycolate and calcium thioglycolate and used to dissolve hair at the skin's surface. Before you start with some cream- apply it first on some small patch of skin to see the skin reaction.
Always, before depilation, apply a warm washcloth to the overgrown area to soften hair and open the follicles. After depilation wash the area with an antibacterial solution to prevent some silly skin bacterial infection!

Instead of worrying how to get rid of those totally nasty razor bumps and ingrown hairs why not instead ask yourself what your obsession is with removing ALL of the hair? The way how you say you couldn't imagine possibly going swimming without having a bald vagina is kind of weird. You obviously have an obsession with being hairless in that area and should probably speak with a professional as to why that is. Being overly obsessed or fixated on anything (especially something as silly and trivial as pubic hair) is NOT a healthy thing.

Ok. First, person who just posted saying you need help for being concerned about your pubic attractiveness is totally wrong. It's perfectly healthy to want to be attractive and to not have pubes hanging out your bathing suit!

Shaving gives me awful razor burn too. I get gnarly ingrown hairs and after a day it's super itchy. I have really sensitive skin, so those harsh chemical lotions are not an option for me. I wax. Sure, it hurts. Anyone who tells you it doesn't is lying... I mean, ripping your hair out is ripping your hair out no matter what label you put on it. Most recently, at this fantastic spa where I live in Portland, Oregon, I bought a serum to be used after waxing that has alcohol, aloe, salicylic acid, and glycolic acid in it. The alcohol ensures the traumatized follicles are bacteria-free. The aloe is soothing. The salicylic and glycolic acids penetrate the skin and help to exfoliate the inside of the follicles, and the skin in my pubic region, preventing inflammation and ingrowns and - bonus! - lightening the dark spots that are left after an ingrown finally goes away.

The serum I bought is called ingrown(zone) and it is produced by a company called Mancine Cosmetics. Their website is . Another product similar to this, though lacking in exfoliating acids, is called Tend Skin and I believe you can purchase it at any Ulta, Sephora, or some waxing salons.

If your skin is less sensitive than mine and you have good luck with depilatory creams, more power to you. They're easy and cheap. The only downfall is because it is destroying the hair shaft, and not the bulb, your hair will never grow back more sparsely. With waxing, on the other hand, the follicular trauma causes the hair to grow back more sparsely, making each time you wax less painful.

Actually, thinking about it, depilatory creams always have warnings on them saying not to use them in the genital region. Your best bet is waxing or laser hair removal, but waxing is much easier on the wallet. And it hurts less. :-) Happy pubic grooming.