stomach gurgling, flatulance, soft stool, age 55 female, healthy weight

Try taking a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar before each meal. I suggest you get Bragg's brand. You can find that at a local health food store.

The older you get, the less acidic your stomach becomes. This makes it harder for you to digest your food and can cause symptoms such as what you're describing. Apple cider vinegar stimulates the production of hydrochloric acid which makes your stomach acidic and makes it easier to digest food. Apple cider vinegar is the only vinegar that doesn't cause stomach inflammation, so I personally don't recommend any other kind.

A tablespoon is a general dose. You may have to adjust to less than that. I'm not sure about more, but you can try it.

If this doesn't work, you may need to supplement with digestive enzymes. Again, find these at a local health food store and not at a drugstore.