Get your blood checked out, you might be anemic.

Eating ice cream is good and healthy but to some extent. The increased consumption of ice cream may be problematic. The problems caused by excess of ice cream intake are:

Increase the risk of obesity: ice cream is made of milk, cream, artificial sweeteners which increase fat in your body. 

Sugar: it is the major component in ice cream, regular consumption of ice cream by may increase blood sugar, increases abnormal insulin hormone fluctuations and weight gain.

You will feel sluggish: ice cream in rich in fat and take time to digest often cause bloating and indigestion.

Lactose: presence of lactose in ice cream may cause problem to lactose intolerant people. 

Excessive ice cream intake increase the chance of constipation, Kidney pain, Nausea, Muscle twitches and Poor appetite.

You may feel additive: the food preservatives  such as Sodium benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Soy lecithin, Potassium sorbate, Artificial colors are highly contained in ice creams which are the root of various problems like digestive distress, heart disease and cancer and many other health issue.

So, eating something to a certain level is good for health. But excess intake may cause problems. Good luck. 

I Have been eating ice since the age of 10 .....it start with the ice off the side of the deep freezer ......Then I would run down the ice cream truck for shaved Ice.....Im now 33 and I can tell every place that has the best ice Publix,Quick trip,Varsity,ChicFila,Zaxbys,Sonics....I eat about 3to 4 54oz cups of ice a day .....

Yes it does affect your taste bud. After I eat food and then eat ice it changes my taste bud to the point I no longer want to eat food. I would chose ice over food. It is like having a smoke after you eat. I do not smoke.

YES I CAN TOO AND NOT ALL ICE TASTE THE SAME

OMG..I'm not alone. I too have a ice craving its deep. I'm 42 and have been eating ice since I was 19 and pregnant with my first child. Every pregnancy required I MUST have ice. Not just any kind of ice mines had to be like snow. I have went through 2 fruit ninjas, nutrisystem blender, and cheap food processors. I carry one of these appliances with me every where I go and even to work. If you have a deep freezer in your house you can find me there shaving the walls of the deep freezer ice. There is something about the taste of deep freezer ice that tickles my whole body and make me just feel I can't stop eating it until the deep freezer have been defrosted. My habit is so bad that my kids eat ice, and both of my grand kids eat ice too. I have created lil ice eating monsters as they don't crave it but because they constantly see me with a huge cup of it they do it too. I love the snow shops where I can just go buy the shaved ice by the cup size. I go to hotel and grocery stores to see who has this type of ice in hopes of them being nice enough to fill my bucket but if they weren't I have I have also waited and snooke in the back of the kitchen and helped myself..This habit has me feeling like a thief and a junkie because I eat ice all through the night as well. I wake up go use the restroom and to the freezer and pull a whole ice tray and crush it down in my Ninja. I am anemic. I also have been diagnosed with a lung disease called sacoidosis and am wondering if my craving for ice is stemming from my lung disease. I will say this if there is no real explanation for this habit I am beyond help. This ice habit controls my daily life. I probably eat at least 2lbs of ice a day and I still feel dehydrated why is that?

The acid reflux medication is making you severely anemic therefor forming pica which is why you crave ice.

may not be the same but it works for me... i ate cups of ice per day n would keep ice in a small cooler for back up until i got my first toothache

New Member
I eat ice constantly, all day long. I am anemic and taking iron supplements but it hasn't made the ice cravings abate. I eat ice to the point my teeth hurt, I get shooting sharp pain in my lower jaw and face, and ear aches? I know I need to quit this but can't seem to stop. Ideas?

I have the same exact problem, but I wasn’t sure if the ice is causing it until after reading your post. Now my doctor told me last week that it could. But I just can’t quit. But trying to.

The best ice ever! I've broken teeth too...

Hey I had fibroid tumors myself and I was eating ice like crazy but after the surgery I stopped eating the ice and that was in 2006 but now I have started back. I don't want to get addicted. What can I do?

Ice cannot lower your iron. Its frozen water. However, craving ice may be a sign of anemia.

I am in constant craving for ice.... I call myself an iceologist because it has to be white it color not clear.... clear ice is too hard to chew. Usually ice from an ice maker or speedway is the best especially after being wet... the texture changes and makes it so very awesome.... it has to have a particular taste as well...... anyway I chew up to 10.... 52oz cups a day.... my habit is very out of control. But the craving is so overwhelming I can't help it. I chew mostly when my nerves are bad. It seems to help me focus and be calm. I don't know what's wrong with me.... but hope someone figures it out.

ice eating can lead to dehydration which can cause fluid retention around vital organs and can lead to heart and lung problems. also stomach problems. alienation of affection of loved ones. ice eaters think they are getting enough fluid. the possible consequences far outweigh any perceived benefits. older folks check with your heart, gi, docs.you may be surprised. however they don't teach this in medical school.

j rayburn Williamsburg nm