My fiance and I bought a house in 4/2010, and immediatly had a wedding planned for 11/2011. However, we wanted a baby so bad in the following months that we decided we would just elope, so we could begin trying. Our dreams came to a startling hault when we both got laid off of our jobs in Jan 2011. I immediately took a preg test to make sure our efforts were unsuccessful, and they were. It was Neg. Last Sat (3/26/11) We had unprotected sex, and in the heat of the moment he ejaculated inside of me. I was scheduled to start my period the next Mon (3/28/11) and when I didn't I took another preg test. It came back neg as well, although I know it would not detect had I gotten preg the sat before. Then next morning I woke up, positive that I had began my period. I had all the symptoms, acne breakout, severe cramps, back ache, & bloating. When I went to the bathroom I discoverd no blood. I checked my vagina with a piece of tissue and noticed there was a mucus looking substance there, with a pinkish spots. Although I had never seen this before, I figured maybe the bleeding would start in a few hours, but never did. it's now 8:30, and I'm still feeling all the symptoms of my period, but no bleeding. Is it possible that I could have concieved Sat night, and it is somehow stopping my period for this month, but I would still show symptoms? I am very confused, and kind of scared. I have had problems with my period in the past, with skipping months, having 2 in one month and those kind of things, but it has been pretty much dead on in for the past year or so. Is it even possible for me to concieve 3 days before I'm supposed to start? I just want to know if I could be preg or it there something else i should be worried about. As I said before, I lost my job, along with my Insurance and all, and have no way of going to a doc. if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance :-)

You probably know this, but - you can conceive only when you are ovulating and ovulation happens for a day or two just in the middle between your two cycles. So, that means that you simply can't conceive three days before you are supposed to start your period. But, if you do have a history of irregular periods, that means that your ovulation could have shifted also, so the only thing you can do now is to either wait for your period or wait for two weeks to pass from the time of unprotected sex and than take the pregnancy test. But I don't think that happened, if your periods were regular lately. Still, you never know, so wait a bit and do the test again.