I have just began tracking my cycle and last one was 34 days (July15). We have just began trying this month. I have been off the pill for 1 year. We tried on the 5th and the 6th which were supposed to be my best chances for ovulation. On the 9th I noticed spotting that was pink with a couple of red spots in the morning and then the rest of the day was a very light pink and I had menstural like cramps. Now for the 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th I have had a brown light spotting and cramps (slight cramping and aches in my lower back - left side). I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was neg. but I know that it's too early. When do you think I should take another and does anyone know what else this could be?? It's hard to believe that we might be pregnant the first time (especially since I had been planning on it taking a couple of months at least) I'm wondering if it's something I should be alarmed about (ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage or cysts) or not.

Thanks!!!!

I am almost the same, my last period is on the 26 of March and the spotting started on April 7 with some cramps and breast sore. I went to doc and get the test but is turn out neg. I don't know I will still be pregnant because I got the test early. My doc is sending me to ultrasound hopefully nothing is wrong. I have been trying for 3 mths and I wish this time is good.

hi i am 17 and the same thing is happening to me. except without the bleeding.
i had unprotected sex and then 3 days later i start getting cramps and lower back ache
and its been 4 days in a row already my lower back left side hurts right now.
i have not taken a pregnancy test because my period is due on the 21. so im
just waiting and i hope i am not pregnant=/

Hi steph971,

i have had the same experiance and was just wondering if you have had any answers yet?
i am on the pill and last month i had what i can only explain as spotting, i thought my period had arrived a week early but it was on and off and very light basically only there when visting the loo, i have been feeling sick on and off and feeling very hot alot more than usual also had sore nipples for a couple of days. i have done one preg test just after spotting stopped was neg but thinking might be to early to tell. My period is due this week so if i havent come on by next week i think i will test again ( i stopped taking pill when i begin spotting as i thought period had just messed up, since then i have been having intercourse with my partner as normal aswell)

Have you or anyone else who has had simular problem had any results???

Thanks for reading :-) x

Hi Guest,
I am in the same situation as you. I'm about a week before my period is due, and on the birth control pill. There has been some spotting, and then tonight after having sex with my boyfriend - I had severe cramping. It felt like period cramps, but I know for a fact it's too early for that. I have never spotted before in the entire 14 years that I have been having my period, and especially never while I was on the birth control pill. What gives? Should I stop taking my pills and get a pregnancy test?

I was spotting only one day and I been cramping for one week my period should come next week could I be pregnant I took a pregnancy test today and it was neg