Please help.

My symptoms started 4 months after I gave birth it is now 18 months later and the symptoms are progressing.

I have great weakness and pain in the tendons/ligaments in my fingers, hands, elbows, toes, feet, knees and hips, I am also going bald.

I have seen a rheumatoid specialist who said it was not arthritis my actual joints are fine and he could not help, I am really struggling with being able to lift my little girl as even holding a cup of tea feels really heavy and hurts my fingers and wrists.

I am really worried.

Thank you in advance.

X

Please help.

Hello, I have the same problem. It is progressing for more than a year and it is unbearable.
My hands, shoulders, ankles and fingers are involved. Have you find some relieve
or have you find where is the problem at last?

I have had this myself and I cut out all foods that were enhanced and processed.

Known fresh ingredients such as veg and plain meat are OK and also Bread was bad for me.

I have been fine fine ages

I recently introduced tea back into my diet this last week and was enjoying 2-3 cups a day eg: PG Tips / Tetley / Typhoo and now my pains have all returned this weekend. Today (Sunday) i have not had any tea and my body is feeling better and despite it being 1.20 am I am feeling more alert now too !

I also feel like there is something wrong with my joints. I have also seen a rheumatologist and they found nothing.

Do you feel that they tear easily? My knees,shoulders and back hurt all the time and I have had two surgeries on my shoulders which have already torn again. I am 24 yet I feel that the ligaments in my joints are deteriorating. I used to be a personal trainer and was very active but now my knees hurt that much that I can hardly walk sometimes.

Have your thyroid checked by someone aggressive enough to check it thoroughly and not accept average as normal.

I strongly suggest that you have your thyroid level checked. These symptoms sound like ones I experienced before receiving thyroid medication after the birth of my second child. However, .. I thought I simply took it until the prescription was done...stupid me...symptoms came roaring back. Now I take it daily, and have been asymptomatic for 20+ years. Nothing to fret about. A simple blood test is all it takes. Best wishes!

Hi. I had something similar several years ago, where joints in my knees, hands, fingers, wrists - even my jaw - would hurt unbearably for about 36 hours and be red and inflamed, then ease - but then another joint would flare up. I saw naturopaths and rheumatologists with no success, and not once did anyone talk about my diet. The naturopath gave me some concoction that made my symptoms worse to the point where I had to crawl on hands on knees as I couldn’t straighten my legs to stand up. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

After about 18 month of self-monitoring I realised that it was to do with my diet, and eventually worked out that I was gluten intolerant! Joint pain (involving ligaments / tendons) is a know but not common symptom of coeliac disease and so is often overlooked.  In my case, my symptoms were delayed about 8 hours, so I would eat gluten for breakfast but the symptoms wouldn’t occur until that evening, so it made it hard to be really sure what the cause was.

To make it more complicated, the joint that was affected was one that had recently been very slightly strained – so often my symptoms would occur on a Wednesday night after I had done weightlifting in the morning and then eaten toast afterwards.

It took me about 4 more years to be really sure that gluten is the problem. I believe that Im coeliac, not just gluten intolerant, as I have the gene but have never had a bowel biopsy –I don’t need a definite diagnoses badly enough to eat gluten for the required 6 weeks in order to damage my gut enough for the test to be conclusive.  

If you suspect that this may be the problem, try eliminating gluten (which is hard to do as its virtually everything that comes out of a packet, tin, jar or sachet) and take anti-inflammatory to ease the pain. I had to try a few before I found one that worked for me – Voltaren in Australia although I think it has different name overseas.

Please, I am going through the same thing. Did you ever figure it out?

Everyone here may have Celiac or Leaky Gut Syndrome. I've had similar problems undiagnosed for over 6 years, and came up with a 'weak positive' for Celiac. Worth looking into. It causes symptoms on a systemic level, rather than arthritis where typically it would affect only an area.

I have had pain, like a stone bruise, in the palms of my hands and bottoms of my feet.  Over time it has progressed into my hips, knees, etc.  It has been chronic and horribly painful for the last 6 months.  All rheumatoid testing is negative.  It feels like it is in my tendons, as if they are tight and inflamed.  It has moved up my arms and legs and I have been fatigued.  Neurological exam is negative.  Seeing an endocrinologist soon.  Any ideas from anyone.  If I use my hands a lot and am on my feet, I am in terrible pain by the end of the day.  My feet will turn a bit bluish also.  My symptoms don't fit many categories and the doctors don't know what this is.  Thanks.

I have been having the same symptoms for four years and am now wearing a hydrocodone patch for the incredible pain. I'm going to keep checking in to see if anybody comes up with anything other than diet. Couldn't seriously be my thyroid? i have to wait two more months for my new insurance to kick in so there's not much for me to do in the meantime except try to deal with it.

Hello djakeh, have you had any luck figuring it out? I have the same thing. Doctors are clueless. Thanks

Hi Djakeh and all

I have something very similar and tried everything before discovering 'my solution'. I expect everyone is different and what works for me may not work for others as the causes of the problem may be different.

It would seem to be some form of auto immume reaction (to food) causing an inflammatory condition (maybe linked to AntiPhospoLipid Syndrome).

IN any case, I have fund eating a very simple diet of fruit and vegetable as well as   SOME animal/FISH protein to help. This has meant eliminating just about ALL refined carbohydrates (sugar, flours etc) and stimulants (Black teas, coffees (even decaf)). I have been off gluten for almost 20 years  and that helped alot but getting off all REFINED carbs (even non gluten containing ones), helps even more. I guess going back to a very 'natural' diet, unprocessed, just works for me. Artificial sweeteners cause me tremendous pain in my joints should i consume any accidently (e.g. in medicine).

I also use some herbal solutions now. I found that Boswelia and Turmeric (+ cayenne pepper) and Devil's Claw really brings all the inflammation and pain to almost unnoicable levels and i can climb stairs ago like i was a teenager. Cortisone has no beneficial effect for me and the heavy anti inflammatories (ARCOXIA 120 etc) masked the pain but didnt solve the underlying inflammation.

Hope this may help in some way.

if you have not been tested u might wanr to discuss the possibility of thyroid problems or lupus. both can cause this trype of symptom.

My family has the same problems w joint and muscle pain and we are getting better on T3 or NDT as advised on the stop the thyroid madness website.i would recommend. It seems to be changing our lives (been taking about 2 months)