What causes prolapsed bladder, beside delivery and what are the main symptoms of it? Is it possible that my gynecologist can set diagnose or it must be urologist? I appreciate any info about prolapsed bladder. I am in menopause now, so can I have prolapsed bladder?

Diagnosis of prolapsed bladder or cystocele usually involves physical examination of the pelvis and vagina, so gyno can diagnose you. Commonly muscles around the vagina and bladder may grow weak after menopause, because body stops making estrogen. Causes of a prolapsed bladder beside childbirth can be from heavy lifting or straining during bowel movements. Abdominal pain or problems emptying the bladder or swelling in the front wall of the vagina that may protrude through the vaginal opening, especially after lifting are possible symptoms.