So i'm 17 years old, I'm not on birth control, and me and my boyfriend have been together for 6 months now, but sleeping together for about a year, maybe longer. Anyways...Today is Oct 3 and I should get my period on Oct. 8 or 9 but for the past 2 days i have been experiencing some light spotting. like very light, pinkish, almost not even there. not enough to even make it to my underwear but it's there when i wipe but not everytime. it's only happened maybe three times in the past two days but i don' tknow what it could be. this has never happened before and my periods are always normal. help!!!!!!

if it isn't time for your period to start yet, don't worry. the worst thing you can do right now is dwell on the issue, which could prolong your period from starting. while you are definitely in a situation where you could be pregnant, it doesn't mean that you are.

take a deep breath and try not to think about it. i've been in the same situation, so i totally understand. if it turns out you're not pregnant, use this experience as a lesson to make wiser choices on how you proceed with your sex life. hope this helps and good luck to you. :-)

but it is around the time my period should be. and now, oct 4. there's no blood at all. no spotting or anything. the first day was a very very light pink, almost not even there at all, and the second day was like brown... but it was still so light that i almost didn't even notice. ... also, the first day, i puked my guts out, and while i was puking my whole lower stomach hurt so bad!!! i'm not sure if that had anything to do with it though... ?

There is a thing called implantation bleeding. very light spotting about 14 days after conception or ovulation. many women mistake it for their period because it happens roughly around the same time.

Although im sure it was with the best intentions, "not thinking about it" is a very silly thing to be doing. its all well and good to not think about it if you arent pregnant, but what if you are?

I hate to worry you, but in these situations its best to get a pregnancy test and know for sure what the situation is. irregular bleeding should be looked into whatever the circumstances are.

good luck!

well it's oct.6 now and i'm still bleeding. but it's been just as light as the first day all week! (my periods are usually 7 days long) and now it's even lighter. its varied from a very light discharge-like pink, to a discharge-like red-brown. i've NEVER in my life had a light period, nevermind this light. It's always been so heavy that I have to change a super plus tampon every 2 1/2 hours for about 4 days of my 7 day period. I have no menstrual cramps, when usually they're so bad I have to stay in bed for a few days, and that doesn't even help. ...So, now does this sound just like irregular bleeding, or implantation bleeding?

day 9. still bleeding. but still the same as before, very light, don't notice it often, discharge like brown-red blood. whas going onnnnn.. none of this has ever happened before