Hi, I am a fifty six years old woman with recently diagnosed endometrial hyperplasia. My gynecologist told me that I have nothing to worry about and prescribed me with Prometrium. I understand that basically this is progesterone. I want to get better, but am worried about the possible side effects of hormonal therapy? What can I expect from Prometrium?

Hi, it is true that Prometrium is a hormonal drug. It is used very often in the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia in women your age. I understand your concern about hormonal therapy, I was also very concerned when I was diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia. However, there is nothing to worry about. I have taken the drug as my doctor prescribed and didnt experience any problems. Of course, my doctor has warned me about the possible side effects. Your doctor should have talked to you about this too. Basically the most serious risk is the risk of blood clot formation. That is why you should be under the doctors supervision while on Prometrium therapy. I have successfully dealt with this condition with the help of Prometrium. I hope you will too.