Hello. I once followed the Goddess diet for about a month, and I was very satisfied with results of this diet. I stopped following it after a month because I got sick. Nothing serious, just a regular cold, but my doctor was really surprised to see me since I am never sick. I have this crazy immune system that keeps me healthy ever since kindergarten. As I was saying, the doctor was really surprised and when I said to him that I’ve been following a diet program for a while, he said ‘’So that’s the problem, you are following some too restrictive diet program and this is your body’s reaction.’’ I kept explaining that this diet program is not restrictive at all, but he wouldn’t believe me. Do you think he is right? Is goddess diet too restrictive?

Well, if you ask me, it definitely is. I was also following this diet for a month. I was so frustrated the whole time I was on it. No meat, no dairy, no wheat, no seafood, no eggs…  And what was I suppose to eat?? I felt very bad during that month.

And is it really recommended to exclude dairy from your diet? What about the calcium? I am sure that most of us get at least 80% of the recommended calcium daily dosage from dairy products. Of course, I can understand people who are lactose intolerant, but the rest of us, we should appreciate the benefits of milk.

It is not too restrictive. There are plenty of foods you can eat while on it.

And when it comes to calcium, there are some alternative ways, not only dairy products are rich in calcium. You can eat green leafy vegetables, poppy seeds… I heard that beans are also rich in calcium, just like sesame and peas. To him that will, ways are not wanting.:) In other words, where there is a will there is a way.

Instead of focusing on what you cannot eat, try focusing on what you can. And I promise you, you will have a lot to focus on.