I have pain in my anal area. I am little embarrassed to go to see a doctor. Well and not sure if it is anal pain or prostate pain. Is there a difference?

There is a difference, but I suggest you to see a doctor. Anal pain is usually well localized around the anal area of the perineal region and most often caused by fissures or piles. Those fissures are narrow splits in the perianal skin, usually in the midline posteriorly which extend towards the anal edge where a sentinel pile may be found. Fissures are generally very painful. But, prostate pain is predominantly perineal and possibly associated with other prostate symptoms.

Prostate inflammation is often experienced as pain in the anal area, as well as the lower back, abdomen and testicles. Any ongoing pain in this area should be evaluated by a doctor, especially when it is accompanied by difficulty or frequency of urination. Men  with early signs of prostate problems may want to consider a prostate supplement (health professionals recommend Prostate Ph) containing an extract from African plum tree bark, which has been cited as contributing to prostate tissue health.

Alex, PhD