Once every few weeks or so, due to diarrhea or excessive toilet use, I notice my anus becomes very dry from trying to wipe myself clean. This sometimes leads to minor bleeding, which from what I can tell is caused by the dryness/irritation opening a small wound.

I try my best to wipe using soft wet toilet paper, but this is not always readily available. Besides that, I suspect that the same wound has become easier to rupture over time, and I must take more care when using the bathroom. More often my colon feels dry and irritated.

Is there some kind of ointment or cream which helps such a situation? Could this be some kind of other condition? Any feedback would be helpful.

Do you have pain when trying to pass stool? Frequent diarrheas could cause abrasions or fissures in the anal opening and these tears could cause a whole line of symptoms.
Abrasions are small tears that can be caused by hard bowel movements, rubbing, scratching while fissures are deeper tears.
Both of these tears can cause itching, dryness, pain and bleeding during bowel movements.
If you keep aggravating the area, it will not manage to heal and you will be stuck with persistent symptoms.

I would see a doctor if I were you, checked what is going on in there and see if it could be fixed

the anwser is common sense "ask your doctor" everyone knows that, maybe this person wanted a suggestion like "try warm baths or this type of lotion or ointment" a quick anwser in case people cannot get a reach of their doctors fast! not just the same old answer "talk to you doctor!" :|

I found a cleaning lotion at the pharmacy that can be applied with tissue or cotton that seems to do a good job and is gentle to those parts. PERIANAL CLEANSING LOTION ..... generic brand from CVS Good luck darling .... these types of things are what generated the saying "pain in the *** "

I have a miner lump at the anal opening that always bleed when i wipe what ointment is there that i need to help stop the problem