Let me preface this by stating that I was involved in a car accident when I was 16, that caused a lot of trauma to my body.
I've always had a good sex life, but I always felt that my sex drive was lower after the accident.
The past few weeks, I've had a bunch of things, that honestly feel like puberty to me and I have no idea why.. so I'd appreciate any advice..
- I've had growing pains in my legs, which I havn't had in 7-8 years.
- My face has started to break out a little bit, when I've been acne free for about 6 years.
- I've put on a little weight, despite not having changed my diet or exercise
- I find myself getting kind of moody for no reason
- I'm having to shave more often
- I'm CONSTANTLY hungry, but I'm keeping my food intake pretty much the same, just always hungry. I could eat forever
- The BIGGEST thing I've noticed, is that my sex drive had gone up tenfold. I'm constantly thinking about sex, when I cum, it's a lot of fluid compared to before, before was average now it's like.. grab the roll of paper towel... cleanup on aisle 3. I've had my on again/off again girlfriend actually notice and mention it. She said I seemed WAY more turned on, I was bigger and harder than ever before and the amount I came was at least double the usual. This has happened several times too.
As crazy as it sounds, it seems like I'm going through puberty again.. at 24? hah.
I called my doctor, and discussed it with him.. He just kind of shrugged it off and said it was impossible, because I had already gone through puberty, which is true. I don't think that it's that my puberty was interrupted and is starting again.. because I did feel like I completed it.. but it's really weird, and I have no idea whats going on!
It's not necessarily a second puberty, but you could have had a change in the level of testosterone you're producing and TBH, it could be something that has changed in your environment (for ex: levels of purification chemicals in your water system), a new food or medication or simply could just be 'one of those things'. I recently read that we don't actually stop going through puberty: hormonal changes just slow down- they don't stop, hence adulthood acne (which is not that uncommon- I suffer with it myself, as do at least 3 of my adult friends).
Just out of curiousity- has your on/off girlfriend changed her contraception? As freaky as it sounds, it could be having an effect on you- after all, bodily fluids are exchanged during intercourse. It's not a one way system!
No medications, or new food that I can think of... I'm going to chalk it up to just one of those things.. hah.. I havn't had acne in several years, which is why it struck me as odd.
She hasn't switched anything, neither have I. We actually thought it might have been that.
Should I really be concerned about it? Like I said, my doctor never thinks anything is wrong with anyone unless you come in half dead.