I am male, and just turned 13 three months ago, and about 6 months ago I noticed that my nipples had a lump directly under both nipples. They then soon began to puff up, only the nipple. When the lump is squeezed, a slight amount of clear liquid comes out. When the lump is poked or squeezed, there is a sharp pain. I haven't gone to a doctor yet... what do I do?! %-)

Could be an ingrown hair or swollen lymph node. If you are very concerned, have your doctor take a look. If you are concerned about male breast cancer, don't be. Only 1-2% of all breast cancers develop in men. Breast cancer in men usually occurs at an older age, and beneath the nipple. It is essentially the same as breast cancer in women with regard to symptoms, diagnostic procedures, and treatment. Almost always, the first symptom is finding a firm lump, especially beneath, or within 1 cm, of the areola. Bloody discharge from the nipple, nipple retraction, swelling of the breast, itching of the nipple or an axillary lump can be symptoms, but are less frequent. Unfortunately, males do not undergo routine screening and early detection procedures as women do.

The clear liquid is just that right? Clear? No blood? Since there is pain, I would recommend seeing your doctor just to rule out the bad stuff. Tell your mom or dad and then head to the doctor! Keep us posted.

It's part of puberty. All boys have it. Just some are worse than others and more painful. It's called gynoclemastia. Check spelling ha ha. When they remove it if it does not ever go away. But it's not major and 99.9% it will go away shortly. I know it sucks cuz I had it bad and mine did not go away. They cut it out and ten years later I'm fine so don't even worry k. It's normal.

Had it when I was 16 and was worried. Now at 62 I haves developed breasts and loveit. When young u might get ridiculed but older. Men and women love playing with my breasts and nipples. It's a special time. 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Why are you so weird?

I have the same thing.. I'm 14. I don't know what it is.

Thanks dude im not scared anymore

I'm 22 and have the same thing 

left nipple got ill puffy and sore when poked or squeezed then I squeezed it and clear liquid came out 

I did recently take a pro hormone though with no pct

Am 22 as well and have the same problem i don't know what to do.

Same thing happened to me in the 6th grade. I was terrified that it was cancer or something. But I let it be and tried to not touch it as much as possible. Because it hurt so much. And I asked my brother and he said it happened to him and his friend. It's all parts of puberty! It'll go away in as little as a month. Mine took about a month to finally go away. Also don't squeeze it or anything because trust me, it'll only hurt worse and you'll be mad you squeezed it haha. Best of luck and don't worry!!

Is it normal to only have it in your right nipple

I have the exact same thing. It's only in my right breast, and I've had it for about a year or two. It's never gone away, and I just discovered the liquid coming out whenever it's squeezed.

I'm always turned on

I know this is one year later, but im 14 and i have the same problem but instead it is on just on my left one