Hi! I am 22 ys old male. I developed some strange looking spots all over my scrotums. They are purple in colour. They are so weird, look like moles. They don’t cause any discomfort, they don’t itch. I broke up with my girlfriend 4 months ago and haven’t had sex since then, so I don’t think this is an STD but I wonder what these are. If there is anybody who could help me,….I would appreciate it a lot! Thanx

My boyfriend also has these. He developed them suddenly. They are not sexually transmitted, they are not a disease or infection. They are just abnormally dilated blood vessels, covered by thickened skin. It is actually not known what causes them. Once they bled when my boyfriend scratched them hard. I know they are not so pleasant to look at, but I honmestly don’t know if there is a way to get rid of them. Oh yes, I found on the internet that they are called Fordyce spots.

i recently found one of those purple spots on one ball. ive been looking around on the internet and am relatively assured it isnt problem but am not 100% sure.

I have a few of those on one side of my testicles and yes, it is a dilated blood vessels. A dermatologist cut one out to make sure and the results came back negative for any kind of disease. When you press them they go away for a second and come back. If you notice it follows a blood vessels pattern and I agree it is uncomfortable to look at. I don’t think its a big deal, yet still trying to find out information on how to make it disappear.

Too much masturbation is usually the cause.  Quit playing with yourselves for a bit and they will disappear

Thank you mate

Hi Im a 40 year old male,with the same purple spots.It is also called Scrotum Angiokeratoma.I guess it is just an age thing for males,like a mole.It does'nt itch or bother me.Hope your docter can get some more help,if you need it.

For how long

His was VERY helpful! I know I didnt aske the question but your answer described what I'm looking at to a T! Thank you, I was assuming the worst..

Im 52 and maturbate daily .never done me any harm apart from purple spotted scrotum.

Say what bro?