Hi. I’m 20 years old and I’m very concerned because I have white spots covering my penis and scrotum. The spots are very small but cover the whole area. I really don’t want to see my GP cause this is very embarrassing. That is the reason why I came here – can anybody here give me any clue, any idea what this could be and how I can get rid of it?

From what you’ve wrote, I think you have sebaceous cysts (pilar cysts / wens – all synonyms. Penis and scrotum are very common area to have them - you are not alone. But what can you do about them? I really think you should overcome your embarrassment and show them to your doctor because this is very common problem to many men and your doctor shouldn’t find this unusual. Trust me, they have all seen hundreds of such cases!!! He is the only person who can remove them – there is no med you can take for it – you can only surgically remove them. And don’t worry because I’ve used word “surgically” – it is done with local anesthetic only.

my doctor has told me that they cannot be removed as they are on the penis and scrotum and these areas are too delicate is this correct? and will i be able to get them removed even though i am 16?