I got some strange itchy puss bumps on my knees and elbows. My friend said that those are symptoms of dermatitis herpertiformis because she struggled with it for years. What kind of disease is dermatitis herpertiformis? What are other symptoms and how should I treat it? 37 old, male

Dermatitis herperiformis is chronic itchy rash consisting of bumps and blisters. Cause of the rash is not known but it is frequently associated with gluten sensitivity in the small bowel. I am not sure about puss bumps, but symptoms are usually bumps on elbows, knees, back and buttocks. You should have skin biopsy and if you really have dermatitis herpertiformis your doctor will probably prescribe you appropriate antibiotic treatment. Diet is also helpful with this disease. Take care!

I recently noticed bumps on my knees and elbos. The bumps look as though they have a hard center with, what looks like, a scab in the center. Would this seem to be what you are speaking of, or is this something totally different? My doctor said it looked to him as if it was something viral, but, did not prescribe anything! Think i'd better find a new pcp...lol Please respond.

I have a blister bump on my knee and it itches i wish i can post a picture so y'all could see what I'm talking about could anybody tell me what it is?